Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my tsx then I turn the wheel all the way out and star driving it makes like a cracking noise but I have never noticed and handling problems before.
So I was at a shop getting my transmition oil changed and I asked him to look around and see what's going on there and he said that I will need 2 new lower control arms because 1 was
2/3s ripped and the other was 1/3rd ripped and said it would cost me 1250 to fix with parts.
Has anyone ever had this problem? What is it caused by? Any recommendations on what lower control arms I should get?

·
Jeff
902 Posts
Wow thats a lot lol you could buy LCAs yourself off an OEM parts website for about ~$150 (not exactly sure how much) each side? and grab a friend to DIY with you and save a buncha money

In my case, I just bought compliance bushings (the bushings with most issues on our cars) for each side for $26 shipped to my door, pulled the control arms off the car and brought them over to a shop with a presser and got the new bushings pressed in for $40, total ~$70 spent. The other 2 bushings on the control arms I left alone with no problems yet. Knock on wood

Edit: There are other sites you can order rebuilt LCAs as well for cheaper, don't know the quality these arms.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-suspension/74273-lca-bushing-choices.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts