Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it's friggin annoying that the outlets are tied to the accessory bus or whatever you call it. I want to rewire it so that the one in the armrest is always on. Anyone done this? I don't think it would be that hard.

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
I think it's designed like that so you don't accidentally leave something plugged in and drain your battery. If you wanted to, you could just run a wire through the firewall and straight to the battery.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about that too, but it actually backfired since I HAD to charge my phone the other night. I turned the key to the I position and my battery was dead soon after.

I have a emote start which I can set it to turn the car on if the voltage drops below a threshold. That should solve any problems of the battery dying.

·
Registered
283 Posts
you just need to rewire the white/red + wire that normally powers the socket to a constant hot source that is as strong as or stronger than the original + source (by strong, I mean tolerant to current draw). Maybe use some 16 gauge extension wire to tap an unused constant underdash fuseslot such as fuse#3 with an add-a-circuit. Fuse#3 in Cdn models powers the stock DRL load, so its likely strong enough to handle this job. There's another constant hot unused fuseslot, but I can't remember exactly which one it is right now.

Or as willy said, straight to the battery (through the firewall) will definitely work- as long as you fuse properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts