Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this 2006 acura tsx and engine was out of car because timing chain jumped and I bought a new timing chain and head gasket . And put it together... got it running and thermostat wasn't opening up so I put a new one in and ran great for 2 weeks then started it up one day and coolant was in oil .. don't overheat nor any white smoke out the exauhst.. only thing I noticed is when I first start car with no rad cap shoots water out then once it fully starts it don't shoot water out .. and I've been looking everywhere for a answer and can t seem to find one .. any help would be appreciated... engine has 222,387 miles

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might be I've been trying to figure it out for a few days and I had no thermostat in it so it might be pushing water through block to fast but i just put one in yesterday and putting new oil in see if that fixed the problem

·
Registered
672 Posts
Might be I've been trying to figure it out for a few days and I had no thermostat in it so it might be pushing water through block to fast but i just put one in yesterday and putting new oil in see if that fixed the problem
Why the **** did you run the car with no thermostat?

I agree, head gasket is likely toast.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just pulled apart intake ... had bad gasket .. I ran no thermostat because didn't think it would do anything .. always did it with other cars.. and no issue... but I haven't drove the car without it just started it up once in. A while trying to figure out small issues but that's about it

·
Registered
366 Posts
You might of figured it out by now, but the head gasket might never seal correctly. If you didn’t have the head resurfaced the first time the head gasket blew.

Did the motor bend any valves when it jumped timing?

Did you inspect the chain guides before you assembled it to see if they were broken or worn? The chains do stretch a few mm over time especially considering you have 220K on the clock.

At 220k I probably would’ve just put in another engine from like engine depot or etc...The K24a2 aren’t really expensive so it might be a better solution in the long run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
goforbroke
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing