Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone know when this would be available? I'm getting an Mp3 player from Acura but if this works well, I wouldn't want to do that... but then again, Alpine announced the iPod adapter last Jan and it wasn't actually mentioned on their site until sometime in August... so who knows if it's worth waiting for... how much would it be anyway?

--------------

Added -

----------

OK, so it comes out in march supposedly for $300... I already Alpine an email but I was wondering if someone here might have an idea based on 3rd-party integration... if I had my iPod connected to it via the iPod adaptor, would I be able to control it from the LCD screen and/or the steering wheel the same way I do the CD changer?

·
Registered
15 Posts
1 more thing, I plan on buying this and plan to hook up a PC to it. Does anyone have the slightest idea on how to get broadband internet service for your car? thanks in advance.

·
Coming soon ABP 05 TSX
32 Posts
I would like to know as well I am ordering my TSX with NAV this week and I have been trying to figure out how I am going to hook my ipod up to it. I was thinking of just using the aux input and using the ipod's controls to change songs and what not but that would be even better.

·
oh so so fresh
118 Posts
kord said:
1 more thing, I plan on buying this and plan to hook up a PC to it. Does anyone have the slightest idea on how to get broadband internet service for your car? thanks in advance.
You will have to look for some type of world wide internet access card. (wireless). Check the nearest best buy or electronic store to buy this.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
2kgtx said:
I would like to know as well I am ordering my TSX with NAV this week and I have been trying to figure out how I am going to hook my ipod up to it. I was thinking of just using the aux input and using the ipod's controls to change songs and what not but that would be even better.
According to the press release, " With an additional third-party manufactured, vehicle-specific A/V adapter, the V-Hub makes it possible to use the Alpine graphical interface on factory radio displays and control Ai-NET systems with a remote control."

So, you'd still need the Shond3 adapter, as well as the KCA-420i Interface Adapter for iPod, which lets users search their iPod by playlist, artist, album or song name. And the iPod.

That's four devices to get playlists on your Nav screen.......

·
Coming soon ABP 05 TSX
32 Posts
wow thats starting to sound expensive I think I might just use my ipod to scroll through the songs.

·
Registered
116 Posts
its about a million times easier, methinks, to just use the ipod directly. imagine scrolling through thousands of songs/artists/albums through like one or two lines of text on your oem hu. its like an mp3 cd player, and personally i hate those. where you can make folders and such... just a hassle trying to find what you want with one line of text...

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
389 Posts
Alpine Vehicle Hub Interface Adapter

http://www.me-mag.com/installer_news_body.cfm?nid=298
this isnt working for me...anyone else?

Buff121523 said:
any news on if/where this alpine hub adapter is for sale?
this dose the same job as the avelectronic adaptor for 275 dollers less--am i correct??
GUYS! no reply..y would anyone get the AV Electronic one anymore if this doe steh same job??

Im trying to find more info on this as well...has anyone heard anything more about this product?..when/if its out? BUFF...have you received anymore info?..thanks

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
389 Posts
From what i gathered here (going crazy about his in the last coupleof days) that there is no oem adaptor for the car...or if there is i cant find it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts