Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Vancouver, B.C.
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
omg i saw sooo many cops today.. too many of them! on such a beautiful day like this! do they have some kind of a minimum number of tickets that they have to give out per month?

btw i just got a ticket too last week when i was driving my friend to the airport.. on marine drive.. for $196! will get $25 if paid w/in 25 days. what the? :banghead:

·
Registered
182 Posts
i think that's the new rule ever since they jacked up the price of the tickets.. if you pay early you get 25 bucks off

·
Registered
80 Posts
yeah i think its funny how they word it like that, like you're getting a sale on ur ticket if u pay within 25 days.
which is the same as an extra 25$ if u pay after 25 days on the old price

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
Akura said:
omg i saw sooo many cops today.. too many of them! on such a beautiful day like this! do they have some kind of a minimum number of tickets that they have to give out per month?

btw i just got a ticket too last week when i was driving my friend to the airport.. on marine drive.. for $196! will get $25 if paid w/in 25 days. what the? :banghead:
it really seems like they have quotas, but actually it's against the law for police and departments to set qoutas

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
how many over the limit are u going to get a $196 fine?

lol i initially read the post wrong..i thought you only pay $25 if you pay within 25 days..haha what a deal!!

just like that commercial.."officer..this is too much!" haha was that London Drugs?

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
blah thats nothing! try $364

·
Vancouver, B.C.
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SAZABI said:
speeding?

hmm... how come $25 if paid within 25 days??? :rolleyes:
yup speeding.. i was going 84km/h on a 50km/h zone.. Marine Drive.. can u imagine, 3 big lanes w/ 50km/h speed limit? the ticket is for $196.. i can get a discount of $25 if i pay within 30 days.

·
Vancouver, B.C.
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
228 said:
he didnt give u tix on window tinted?
lucky
i already got a ticket for that 2 days after the tint job done.. for $109. still waiting to go to the court.. lol..

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
o...im lucky.....the cops didn't give me ticket for my tint.......he will ask me to take it off.....

same as u.....the day after i tinted the window then i got warned by cops.....sad

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
it was so BS, i just passed by him ealier that day and waived at him too, i knew he is there, i can see him from where i live, cuz he was on marine drive

on the way back i made a left turn from vic onto marine drive, then i started to slow down cuz i knew he ws there, my detector was yelling "laser laser" like crazy, i just set my cruise control to like 50, and sat back and stated to laugh while my radar detector kepping ringing...

then he pulled me over and i was like?? i just look at him confused he showed me his lidar gun, and the screen went full 888.8 blank reset... i looked at him more confused, and then he look at his gun, and said "oh shoot" started to press some botton, (i later found out thats how you recall a speed from memory) at the time i had no clue what he was doing, then he said "hows this" and the # changed to 117km/h, i was thinking wtf? and siad "theres no way i've could have done that even in that short distance out of a turn " he step back looked at my car, and said "in this car.. easy.."
there's no way in hell i could have came out of a turn at over 117, 117+ as he claims! I call BS

and he wrote honda accord on my ticket while driving my TSX lol

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Cyde said:
and he wrote honda accord on my ticket while driving my TSX lol

Lol, yeah I got pulled over a couple of weeks ago, guy game me alot of crap about the honda badges I.E. "What the F**K is this, a Honda or an Acura" and "Well it looks F**king Rediculious"..... Really nice guy... I really have a feeling they have Quotas, This guy had followed me for about 2 miles, 3 am I was the only car on the road, pulled me over going 45 in a 40 :soapbox:

Rediculious, If I wasnt a Firefighter he told me Id be getting 3 tickets, (Obstruction of Rear Plate ((The Euro Plate underneath)) w/ is BullSh*t, No Front Plate ((Its in the windsheild, rather then the front bumper, Screw Popped out, meening to fix it but it looks so damn good w/ out it...)) and Speeding)

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
MemphisRheins said:
Lol, yeah I got pulled over a couple of weeks ago, guy game me alot of crap about the honda badges I.E. "What the F**K is this, a Honda or an Acura" and "Well it looks F**king Rediculious"..... Really nice guy... I really have a feeling they have Quotas, This guy had followed me for about 2 miles, 3 am I was the only car on the road, pulled me over going 45 in a 40 :soapbox:

Rediculious, If I wasnt a Firefighter he told me Id be getting 3 tickets, (Obstruction of Rear Plate ((The Euro Plate underneath)) w/ is BullSh*t, No Front Plate ((Its in the windsheild, rather then the front bumper, Screw Popped out, meening to fix it but it looks so damn good w/ out it...)) and Speeding)
hee hee... i am not sure about the rear plate and speeding.
(dispute the speeding, i bet the judge will let u go for 5km over)

but front plate, it is for ur own safety, imagine if the plate flies inside ur car, **Possibly** u will get hurt. :)

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
We have to have a front plate in Tx, however most car owners don't bother and the cops will let you slide if you are not getting a ticket..

·
Vancouver, B.C.
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh that's rite.. front license plate. i've seen many cars w/out it.. i wonder how many tickets they've got bcoz of that.. LOL..

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
i got pull over the day after i display my plate.......damn........my luck is bad..

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
228 said:
i got pull over the day after i display my plate.......damn........my luck is bad..

?? huh? ou got pulled over for displaying your plate?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts