Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
back in august my women and i got a red tsx. well appearently one of our neighbors liked it so much she went and got one the exact same color and added a spoiler just to match. only difference between the cars is my girls ha the gold package. my question is do you think acura would let us trade the car back in for a different color? or should i just pay the mob to "take care" of my neighbor? :nod:

·
Registered
47 Posts
You can (almost) always trade a car in, but unless there is something wrong with, expect to take a loss.

The only exception I've heard about is my friend tried to trade in his 5-year old Sentra for another Nissan at the same dealership he boght it from. This Nissan dealer stated: "We don't take Nissan trade-ins". Needless to say my friend will never buy a Nissan again.

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
"Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery."

:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
i completely understand. i use to have the only tsx in my town but now found four! like to excersice and jog around town. they are all later models than mine (check regist) :) but at least they are all different colors than mine.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Isn't is possible that your neighbor had the car on order and is just now getting it?

If my neighbor had the exact model and color of my car I would also want to differentiate. I would take the car back for a different color and add rimms. If they copy your rimms too then they have issues ;)

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,199 Posts
Man, that gotta suck. Both with navi?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
studdly said:
Isn't is possible that your neighbor had the car on order and is just now getting it?

If my neighbor had the exact model and color of my car I would also want to differentiate. I would take the car back for a different color and add rimms. If they copy your rimms too then they have issues ;)
no, one of our other neighbor's(condo complex) is friends with this person. and shetold me before i even saw it that she went and got it a week after she saw my womens tsx.

·
...at a time...
9 Posts
You could always have it painted a better shade of red, or you could just get a TSX for each of your women (how many would that be?) and then you'd beat her out in number.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
lol omg, that's the reason u have to trade ur car in?
u are lucky that u are not living in Vancouver, Canada. I see at least 10 or may be 20 TSX just driving from home to work... lol Go to lunch today, same plaza, there are at least 5 in there, ha ha...

That's why I mod my car b/c I don't want it to look the same as other people's.

·
Registered
157 Posts
WoW smartass1235, in that case you have a "Jonse's stalker". whatever the neighbor does, they want to follow suit. I would then seriously think about upgrading my tires and rimms. but then again, what if the neighbors are hard-core enough to get those too? You will have to live with it man. I feel for you because I know that I would be pretty heated.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
studdly said:
WoW smartass1235, in that case you have a "Jonse's stalker". whatever the neighbor does, they want to follow suit. I would then seriously think about upgrading my tires and rimms. but then again, what if the neighbors are hard-core enough to get those too? You will have to live with it man. I feel for you because I know that I would be pretty heated.
Yeah, do it full mugen kit + mugen suspension + mugen intake + mugen exhaust + mugen wheels.... whatever u can find at www.mugen-power.com

I bet ur neighbour will not follow b/c even if the person is loaded, gotta be very into cars for a person to do that. (and I doubt ur neighbout knows where to order mugen parts, hee hee)

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
....so both red TSXs are women owners ? yet another evidence that LOT of owners are women.

·
Registered
67 Posts
robert_tsxgeek said:
....so both red TSXs are women owners ? yet another evidence that LOT of owners are women.
i'm an tsx owner!!! but i havent seen any other female tsx drivers around here in toronto. :nervous:

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
I've seen lots of women TSX drivers here.

I think we've got a pretty good split in the Seattle area.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
robert_tsxgeek said:
yes both are women drivers. as far as modding goes, as much as i want to(believe me i do) i cant. 1. the car is leased. 2. she uses it for work and needs for it to look and sound professional at all times.since posting this topic and reading all of the replies i have learned to deal with it, especially since it doesnt bother my women in any sense. again im not saying nobody should have the exact same car as me, just that she saw ours and ran out and got the exact same one.HELLA - LAME!!!!!!!!!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
That sucks..... modding is the best part of owning a car......is to make your car stand out from the rest, like Saz said....I always see like 5 PWP TSX and a few SSM ones in the same damn mall.......that's why I got a CG.....hahahaha!!

But....I am alwyas interested to meet women TSX owners.......at least we have have something in common....hahaha!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts