Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Now that I made the move from a 1G to a 2G I'm wanting to put in my set of DDM tuning 6k low beams and I haven't really looked yet and am curious for those of you that have swapped the bulbs on a 2G is it just as easy to do as the 1G? and my second question is once I take out the original 4300K bulbs and put them back away in a box will they still be good if I needed them say like several months from now?

Thanks again and really loving this car, just got tints done yesterday will post updated pics in the am although VA legal tint sucks and hardly looks like a tint lol

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
They should be just as easy. I don't see why they'd design it to make it harder. I would maybe plastic wrap the old bulbs so they don't get dust, oil, etc on them. Those bulbs get really hot so any substance on them will cause them to burn or stop working.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
yeah its easy dont worry.

i have ddm 6000k for fogs and i love them. i have HIDextra for lowbeam 6000k and i wanna switch them out to ddm to match lol.

look at my avatar
<----

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah its easy dont worry.

i have ddm 6000k for fogs and i love them. i have HIDextra for lowbeam 6000k and i wanna switch them out to ddm to match lol.

look at my avatar
<----
Thanks guys gonna try it this afternoon lol and Ed quick question for you do the 6k's look pretty awesome with the near perfect cutoff line on the 2g? I know I had 6k's in my 1G but the cutoff line was all f**ked up and the dealer said it wasnt lol!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Thanks guys gonna try it this afternoon lol and Ed quick question for you do the 6k's look pretty awesome with the near perfect cutoff line on the 2g? I know I had 6k's in my 1G but the cutoff line was all f**ked up and the dealer said it wasnt lol!
i think my cut off line loooks fine :shrug:

go to photosection and search for my car progression thread. i have a pic of my cutoff line in there somewehre

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think my cut off line loooks fine :shrug:

go to photosection and search for my car progression thread. i have a pic of my cutoff line in there somewehre
No I was just making a statement lol about how the 2G has a perfectly straight cutoff line, and my 1g the line was all jagged and screwed up making the illumination just look "eh"

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE: Looks Like I will have to learn to love the stock HID low beams lol, went outside with the intention of putting my 6k's in and realized I'd have to be willing to part with some of my skin and not see anything lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts