Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Un-Civil Engineer
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching on here, but cannot seem to find an answer.

I have a cracked foglight lens. I originally purchased the kit from Ebay. It is split horizontally, and water is collecting. It did blow out the bulb, so I think its time to replace it. The question is, where do I get a new lens? Also, is there a way to repair the lens? I can take pics if needed, but I think everyone knows what I'm talking about.

My plan is to upgrade to HID once I get a replacement lens. I also don't trust Ebay since this kit failed after only 2+ years!

Any suggestions are welcome :).

·
Registered
304 Posts
First of all, did you use lamin-x? Because if you didn't, it doesn't mater if you have OEM or e-bay quality the lense is pretty much the same. I took my lamin-x off for a day and i cracked one of my fogs.

Also on a side note. I have an extra set of hid fog ballasts, relays, 6k bulbs and the switch. All you would need is your housing/lense.

Here's what I was talking about originally.

Lamin-x Protective Films - Protect with Style

·
Un-Civil Engineer
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't use Lamin-x, but when I replace the lens (probably both since due to potential matching issues), I will be buying it.

I will keep you in mind for the HID kit, thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I didn't use Lamin-x, but when I replace the lens (probably both since due to potential matching issues), I will be buying it.

I will keep you in mind for the HID kit, thanks for the tip!
No Problem

·
What to put here?
1,991 Posts
My understanding is that the lense cannot be purchased separately. You could try the lexan route but that will be a lot of work. I rather just buy the housing and install that. Good luck on getting this fixed.

And +1 on using an overlay to protect the new lense.

·
Un-Civil Engineer
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My understanding is that the lense cannot be purchased separately. You could try the lexan route but that will be a lot of work. I rather just buy the housing and install that. Good luck on getting this fixed.

And +1 on using an overlay to protect the new lense.
I looked for replacement housings with no good results. I might actually bite the bullett and try the dealership.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Both my foglights where cracked when I bought my 04 TSX last month. I just bought two new foglights off E-Bay and swapped out the whole foglight. They look new and work fine! I'm happy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts