Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The windshield crack is more than 12 inches long so it would have to be replaced.

Between Safelite brand and PPG, what do you guys recommend? I don't want to replace with one that is non-OEM quality and have it crack on me again down the line due to the poor quality. Any one have any experience with either of those brand?

Anything else I need to look after while having the windshield replaced?

Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Noel said:
Why not get the OEM Honda replacement instead?
I've seen threads where people have been claiming that Acura OEM windshields are acutally PPG windshields but w/o the acura name on it. I've haven't been able to confirm if this is true or not, but if that was the case, i 'd rather pay less for PPG glass than getting same thing with the acura name.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
The manufacturer of the glass types are imprinted onto the glass of every car. Honda uses a Japanese manufacturer. I'm not looking at the car now but I'll take a note when I go down later. It's definitely not PPG unless the America exports uses that specific one for whatever reasons.

·
Donating Member
73 Posts
Quality of OEM???? It is a windshield....

I would add glass coverage to your insurance....costs me like $1 a month and covers OEM or OEM quality replacement for free.

I have been averaging a new windshield a year between my three cars. Look into it....

I think you are putting too much thought into this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts