Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm up in Magog, QC, Canada, and yesterday I realized that the rear fascia (plastic bumper cover) on my TSX was cracked about 6" near the passenger-side rear wheel.

For sure this is related to the cold (-30 C these days) I see two possibilities:

1) It broke when I tried to remove the icy slush stuck in the wheelhouse

2) It broke while driving and the wheel must've hit the same damned icy slush and put too much pressure on the fascia...

In any case, it shows no sign of impact...

I used to work in a GM plant and we had a problem where our fascias would crack at that same spot if the supplier had repainted and recooked the part before sending it to us...

I'm off to see the dealer, anybody know if this is covered on the warranty?

PS Will try to post a picture soon...

·
Registered
258 Posts
U might have a hard time getting this fixed under warranty, cosmetics arent usually covered under warranty, also dependts on the dealers mood.

·
Registered
332 Posts
If there isn't any sign of impact, I don't think it could be considered comestic (such as a stone chip). If the dealer gives you problems, you could try sending the case to Acura Canada and see what they say.

Cold weather performance is something manufacturers do care about and they might want the part for their labs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that suggestion...

I went to the dealer yesterday and his first reaction was negative...

He took pictures and said he'd send them to the District Sales Manager... Will wait to get some news...

I also know that a last ressource will be CAMVAP (Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan)... They helped me solve a warranty issue with my previous GM vehicle...

Did anybody ever get covered on a problem like this before?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally...

Got a call from Acura Canada, apparently they received many calls about problems related to the extreme cold weather we had this year and are looking for parts to conduct tests...

They might purchase the bumber from me, thus covering my costs..

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
MagogMarty said:
Finally...

Got a call from Acura Canada, apparently they received many calls about problems related to the extreme cold weather we had this year and are looking for parts to conduct tests...

They might purchase the bumber from me, thus covering my costs..
Whoa, I thought this was just an isolated problem. . . then again it's 70 degrees outside here where I live.

Thanks for the update. Keep us informed on future updates.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
MagogMarty said:
I have pictures...
Can someone please tell me how to post them on this site?
Sure, you first need to host your pic's
A couple of free hosts are
www.imagestation.com
www.clubphoto.com
Once you have them hosted (uploaded), simply post a link (url) to your album.
If you have any trouble hosting them, feel free to e-mail the pic's to me, and I'll be happy to host them for you :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts