Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was driving at the 57 freeway today and a truck launched a tiny pebble from its wheel and hit my windshield, now it has a crack the size of a quarter. Is there anyone who can recommend a place around 626 area who can fix it or is it even possible to fix a cracked window? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

+REP
where and how much

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
I don't know any place but I heard that the sooner you get the crack fix the better

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I heard about it, I just hope it doesn't spread while I look for a shop who can fix it.

·
instagram:emseecoy
1,337 Posts
If you do end up getting a replacement, try to get an OEM one. My aftermarket one that my insurance gave me sucks. Two of the problems i had was how the bottom right side "hole" doesn't line up with the vin numbers and how water smears on the glass which makes visibility horrible.

·
pedal damn it
2,898 Posts
I had the same size crack on my old integra and i rolled that way for the looooongest time until some moron hit me head on. Give it some time and as long as u don't see any little hairline fractures start to appear then I wouldn't worry. However, it is a TSX and not a teggy so if it were my car I would replace it with oem only!! There are many other places, some mobile, that can replace it as well but they're mostly hit or miss. Any pics of the damage?

·
Registered
25 Posts
had the same problem didnt even know i got chipped by a rock. by the time i realized it was there it was too late and the crack was huge. paid 160 to replace it with a new one in a place in sun valley

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually just found a place for 30 dollars in walnut. the crack is basically the size of a corn kernel with 6 other cracks coming out of the middle, so its like a small star.

well i have an appointment tomorrow and Ill let you guys know how it goes, so far its the cheapest out of the bunch that quoted me.

·
pedal damn it
2,898 Posts
actually just found a place for 30 dollars in walnut. the crack is basically the size of a corn kernel with 6 other cracks coming out of the middle, so its like a small star.

well i have an appointment tomorrow and Ill let you guys know how it goes, so far its the cheapest out of the bunch that quoted me.
before ur appointment u should take a quick picture and then post before and after pics when it's all done.

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ will do :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah that happened to me too. i left it there for a while and one morning had a spider crack through the whole windshield. already fixed it though. i think there was a mobile company that fixes crators or other stuff. i think its satelitte correct me if im wrong..

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got it fixed, its hard to take pics with my camera phone, but the result is amazing. I say its 10% visible, the cracks where its used to be is like a hairline if you look closely but from far away you can't even tell. At least I'm not worried anymore about the cracks spreading and replacing my window.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Yea don't stress about hairline cracks. I have plenty of those from rock chips.

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts