Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

the time is here to start the mod process, and I've decided to go with lightweight pulleys. I bought my TSX with a set of motegi wheels, so pulleys seem fitting as the next step. My only debate is between a UR underdriven SET of pulleys, or just an XLR8 lightweight crank pulley. My TSX is a daily driver, automatic, and my plans aren't extreme (pulleys, icebox, reflash) so I wonder if it's worth the extra dough for the whole set, or if just the crank pulley will do.

Anybody have an opinion? Is there a noticeable difference between the two options? I feel like if I buy just the crank pulley, I might WISH that I had gotten the entire set. Any opinions would be great before I pull the trigger.

Thanks!

·
Registered
124 Posts
with the lower mass and underdriving of accessories, you should see some increased mpgs as well. i'd go with the whole set. this is just from my research. i have not purchased pulleys yet because i can't find a trustworthy mechanic in the middle of nowhere Iowa... but I will go with UR if I can find someone to install them for me.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have UR pulleys on my can and no complaints what so ever. Can't say it made a difference because I installed these as the time I swapped out my mani for and RBC and 3.5" intake and flashpro lol. So after the car felt completely different!

·
My car whines
637 Posts
I got the UR pulley set as well. i made a review of these awhile back. i'm sure you'll find the thread just by searching. definitely made a noticeable difference in how the car drives and there are no downsides that I have encountered yet. but if i were to buy these again, I would probably just get the crank pulley since the alternator and p/s pulley were pretty much the same size just a tad lighter than stock. the crank pulley was where the biggest difference is.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i want the UR pulley set, but i have 2 10 in jl subs on a 1800 watt amp as well as a future plan of upgrading the oem speakers with a 4 channel amp. i am concerned that the alt will have future difficulty as well as burning out batteries. does anyone have experience using audio mods with pulley mods?...would a optima battery suffice or maybe optima and cap!?!?

sorry to thread jack, just figured id limit threads since its all relative.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i want the UR pulley set, but i have 2 10 in jl subs on a 1800 watt amp as well as a future plan of upgrading the oem speakers with a 4 channel amp. i am concerned that the alt will have future difficulty as well as burning out batteries. does anyone have experience using audio mods with pulley mods?...would a optima battery suffice or maybe optima and cap!?!?

sorry to thread jack, just figured id limit threads since its all relative.
Pretty sure UR recommends to not use the underdrive set if you have a 600+ watt system. i think you might have some battery issues down the road...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.