Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys new here and hopefully u guys can help 2006 tsx lowered with stage one insane shafts axles stage 2 4 puck clutch 8lbs flywheel new lower lcas rear motor mount and passenger side motor mount got the alignment done I'm running Michelin pilot super sports here's the issue when I press the clutch in car goes left when I release the clutch car goes right then if I put car in neutral then give the brakes a quick tap the steering wheel shutters like bad bushings on the lcas and I have new rotors please help before I go to dealership thanks guys

·
Registered
747 Posts
Pushing the clutch in shouldn't make the car go one way or the other. Only thing I can think of us the axles, but you mentioned they're newer. What did your toe specs look like when you got an alignment? Dumb question but you're not moving the wheel at all when pushing in the clutch/releasing it are you?

For the rotors - new rotors can develop a shake/shudder if you don't make sure the rotor stays clean while installing. I've seen many guys do new rotors and pads only to put their greasy/oily hands all over the rotors thinking the pads will wear it off. Boom. 20 miles later they have a shake similar to a warped rotor. Hope you didn't do that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pushing the clutch in shouldn't make the car go one way or the other. Only thing I can think of us the axles, but you mentioned they're newer. What did your toe specs look like when you got an alignment? Dumb question but you're not moving the wheel at all when pushing in the clutch/releasing it are you?

For the rotors - new rotors can develop a shake/shudder if you don't make sure the rotor stays clean while installing. I've seen many guys do new rotors and pads only to put their greasy/oily hands all over the rotors thinking the pads will wear it off. Boom. 20 miles later they have a shake similar to a warped rotor. Hope you didn't do that.
Nope new rotors and made sure they were clean I'm a clean freak so yea there good

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well shit. What did your toe specs look like?
Camber is off a little but not in the red toe is dead on front camber is .7 and .9 rear is all green I'm lowered about 2.5 inches but this problem developed in the last week its been low for a year now

·
Registered
243 Posts
Steering rack bushings? I don't even know if they can be checked for damage without extensive work. Maybe there's a DIY around here for them.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Steering rack bushings? I don't even know if they can be checked for damage without extensive work. Maybe there's a DIY around here for them.
I think the subframe has to come down to get them out. Not sure how to test that really.

Inner tie rods new as well?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sticking caliper? Does it get worse the longer you’ve been driving?

Subframe bushings, subframe loose or subframe out of alignment? The subframe would have been removed toIf you have your clutch/flywheel done. You’d see the subframe being slightly tweaked in the caster measurement if you have the spec sheet from your alignment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts