Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I have an 04 TSX and could use a little direction on a couple things. For one my cruise will not set. The main button works and dash light comes on. I really don’t think it’s the actual “set” button yet if someone could tell me how to test to ensure it’s working I’d do that (have meter) and I know it’s not the cruise module under the hood up by the fire wall. So what else could it be? Could it be that I have dash lights on? Like the brake light is on (no my brakes are not actually on).... is it smart enough to know that? VSA and ABS LIGHTS as well (all speed sensors work: tested them)... I’ve tried to use the paper clips to reset those yet it did nothing. Was like this when I got it. Tia for any help. Joe

·
Registered
2008 TSX auto
32 Posts
On my son's 04 Accord the cruise control steering wheel switch failed and I had to replace it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If you have VSA and ABS lights on cruise will not operate. Check your "Clock" fuse in the main fuse panel under the hood. It provides power to VSA and ABS modules. If I had to pick only one option to check given it came this way, that'd be my guess. It's a 10amp IIRC.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. I will do that. I wondered about the lights being on so thanks for confirming that for me. Well most likely not the button then. Thx. I’ll let you know about the fuse

·
Registered
325 Posts
Ah yeah, I was thinking about the 2nd gen TL, sorry.

See if your hazards work, click the button above the radio. If it doesn't, or it's unplugged, you'll have issues. Make sure the 20 amp Horn/Stop fuse is good too, or just hit your horn.

When I was installing a radio last year, I pulled a fuse and the hazards switch and lost cruise, brake lights, had airbag/VSA/ABS lights come on and had no cruise. Once I reinstalled all the fuses I'd removed along with the hazards, all issues went away. Just some things to check.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok. My horn works and I didn’t install anything... I’ll keep checking ideas til I bite the bullet and take it in...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts