Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i popped my hood to install side marker bulbs and noticed that my oem intake hose is Ripped right where it should connect to the CTE box the "O" Part.. my issue is that 1 how did this happen? and 2 does anyone else have or have had this issue? is there a way to extend the hose? right now i have it Ghetto ductaped til im off on friday so any input/ help or ideas would greatly be appreciated thanks in advanced

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
i'm running the icebox but don't have that issue.

i'd imagine at some point in time, whatever material the tube is made of (hard rubber, soft plastic?) will eventually give to the elements and heat. does the crack/tear run over the length of the outlet lip of the icebox? or is it just a small rip? a pic would help.

in the mean time, duct tape would be a decent temporary solution for peace of mind. not sure about some other checks, but maybe you could have someone rev the engine with the hood up. you can either listen for whistling, or maybe spray some soapy water on the ripped section and see if there is a leak while revving.

if there is a leak, you probably want to see of someone has a wrecked TSX or converted to a CAI and have the OEM intake lying around to find a replacement part.

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
I ran the icebox for a few years and no issues like this.

Inquire the price of a NEW OEM hose or replace with some dryer hose?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ill get a pic up soon thanks for the drier hose idea might have to go to home depot and get it for tomorrow...as for the hose IT is ripped , i can glue it back since its a perfect tear and has no pieces missing but it wont expand. i just needed an idea for a adapter or something.i dont wanna pop the hood and it look ghetto...good idea on soapy water. i only noticed cause i kept hearing a whistling sound and with intakes to me this is normal but this one was different and i had to change a bulb anyway ...

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
You have a local auto store that carries spectra intakes? Just grab one of them if you can make it work, should be under 50 bucks and its real pipe rather than plastic dryer hose :laugh: I would much rather try to seal the hole than use a dryer hose, especially since they are not meant for vacuum to run through them

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
dryer hose for an extension, but isn't there a sensor mount/nipple within the OEM hose? pretty sure there is one for the map sensor.

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
my mistake.

i'm sure someone has to have the tube lying around that they'll sell to you for cheap. just ask in the classifieds section.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts