Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys.
so lately ive been having this noise occur in (the front of vehicle )when taking right turns only and sometimes when coming to a complete stop. It sounds like a high pitch metal to metal sound. Im almost positive the sound is coming more from the left side

I checked brake pads and everything is still good.
i do have after market drill and slotted rotors but it doesn’t seem like the backing plate is coming in contact with the rotors
Sound is not present when driving straight only taking right turns and sometimes coming to a complete stop.

anyone have an recommendation on what the possible issue could be or what i should check next?
Also to add the steering lately has been feeling alittle stiffer than usual im not sure if that has anything to do with the noise.
Appreciate the feedbacks, thank you

·
Registered
414 Posts
First guess is to check the clearance between the caliper hardware and the rotor. If they metal “clips” are installed incorrectly or deformed, the rotor can come into contact with them as things flex/deflect through a turn.

The last time something similar happened to me, it was a tiny rock caught between the backing plate and the caliper bracket so perfectly that it only made noise at random and could not be easily seen even with the wheel off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay. Ill look more into that. I appreciate the feedback and keep you posted if i find anything else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First guess is to check the clearance between the caliper hardware and the rotor. If they metal “clips” are installed incorrectly or deformed, the rotor can come into contact with them as things flex/deflect through a turn.

The last time something similar happened to me, it was a tiny rock caught between the backing plate and the caliper bracket so perfectly that it only made noise at random and could not be easily seen even with the wheel off.
Alright, ill look into that more. Thank you for the feedback and will update if i need anything else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts