Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any idea how to remove the trim piece around the cup holders and shifter? i need to get the silver shifter bezel out, but i cant figure out how to get to it. i searched the forum, google, and tried finding videos on youtube, but i couldnt find much. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Just figured this out last week. Open the lower cubbie and pull in a careful but forceful motion straight up focusing on the forward and outter sides. It's going to fight you tooth and nail but once you get the first two it won't be too bad after that.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Pull harder. It's going to be a bitch because it probably hasn't ever been removed. Just went out to my car to make sure again I was right. Pull right above the the seat heaters using your thumbs inside the grey part with your other 8 fingers pulling from inside the bottom cubbie. It will pop and then run your fingers down the sides toward the back.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'd recommend starting at the other end. Pull the hand brake up and use the opening from there to put your fingers in and lift. Use a plastic pry tool if you have. They're all clips that are removable by pulling upwards, so you could start anywhere but I find it best to start where the plastic is weakest and less chance of snapping the piece if you put pressure at the rear. It also allows the most grip.

Also, the silver trim piece is glued on or something IIRC so if you remove it from the cup holder piece, you won't be able to fit it back on tight. There's holes and pins that line up, and it won't wobble or anything once you reinstall everything but just a heads up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, the silver trim piece is glued on or something IIRC so if you remove it from the cup holder piece, you won't be able to fit it back on tight. There's holes and pins that line up, and it won't wobble or anything once you reinstall everything but just a heads up.
well thats shitty...i guess i cud always re-glue it once i put it back together. either way, ill take another whack at it, and hopefully wont break anything. thanks for the help and heads up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.