Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got time to install the cusco type I strut bar. I took a lot of pictures along the way. The install is not hard at all as long as you have the right tools. It should take an hour or less to do the install. I think it took me about 50min. The two bolts you have to take out are really long.

If anyone wants full size pictures for the install just send me a pm.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Hahah, Yes I have those Same Ramps... Very nice, Clean install, allthough wont look all that nice and shiny after some time on the road...hows the car feel?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MemphisRheins said:
Hahah, Yes I have those Same Ramps... Very nice, Clean install, allthough wont look all that nice and shiny after some time on the road...hows the car feel?
I finished the install at 10pm eastern took me about an hour to do it so I have not actually driven the car at all yet. I will write a review tomorrow. Yea those ramps were nice before I lowered my car. Now that I have lowered the car they do not work so I have to jack the car up one car at a time and place the ramp under the tire.

You will need a jack stand of something to support the other piece that the bolt holds togehter towards the fron tof the car.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Yeah I see the Stands now, look foward to the write up

oh and it looks alot better under the car then proping up the hood, lol, enjoy....:thumbsup:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
How much clearance do you have estimated between the catalytic converter? I'm guessing not much and this may cause a heat issue. The CL7 JDM catalytic converter is much smaller and different.

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
345 Posts
How much did you pay for that bar? And i to am interested on how it makes the car feel.

Noel - im guessing it being so close could cuase heat problems, but what kind of problems could occur? Would it get hot enough to alter the structure of the bar or anything like that?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I paid like 109 shipped for the bar from bpt. from driving normally around town I have not noticed a difference in the car that much. I have yet to need to use the highway out see if you notice anyting at all. I would imagine that bar by itself will not do much. However I bet once I get my Type II bar and the top strut bar that I will be able to notice a big difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.