Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen too many (if any) good installs for subs/amps in the TSX, so I figured I'd post pictures of my install that I finished over the weekend.

I'd like to know what everyone thinks...

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Nice I like it alot... personally I was thinking the the other way around... Amps in the corners, subs behind the seat....but that looks really good... I like it alot...

Not to overshadow urs....but take a look at this one, forget whos car it is...but i cant help :drool1: over it

Then again, yours manages to retain trunk fuction, which I very much appreciate..

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...not only do i retain trunk functionality, but spare tire as well (both of which were objectives when planning the system).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Really nice work. Good idea about keeping the trunk/folding seats fuctionally. I just bought a TSX, and i;m sure i'll be doing some changes to the strereo system. I really dont want to get another head unit. What i would like to do is keep the head unit, new speakers all around, get 1 amp for the speaker, 1 for a sub, and a 6 disc mp3 changer, or hook up an ipod like player to it. does anyone have any suggestions? Also is there already a seperate amp in the TSX? Thanks.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
oxgoodfella said:
Really nice work. Good idea about keeping the trunk/folding seats fuctionally. I just bought a TSX, and i;m sure i'll be doing some changes to the strereo system. I really dont want to get another head unit. What i would like to do is keep the head unit, new speakers all around, get 1 amp for the speaker, 1 for a sub, and a 6 disc mp3 changer, or hook up an ipod like player to it. does anyone have any suggestions? Also is there already a seperate amp in the TSX? Thanks.

Dension Icelink, to hook up the Ipod, and minus the Sub, Ive allready done everything else u said, its pritty easy to do just use the search function

·
Registered
256 Posts
calitsx said:
...not only do i retain trunk functionality, but spare tire as well (both of which were objectives when planning the system).

I feel you on that. I got crap in the truck from the g/f that I found the trunk very useful. But if I were to get a system, I would go with your set-up. Well done! Are you using an after market HU or the Stock? And how's the trunk holding up when you cranking up the volume?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DateTSX said:
I feel you on that. I got crap in the truck from the g/f that I found the trunk very useful. But if I were to get a system, I would go with your set-up. Well done! Are you using an after market HU or the Stock? And how's the trunk holding up when you cranking up the volume?
Yes, this is using the stock HU. The trunk is actually holding up very well - I dynamatted the whole car. That process was a bit involved, but well worth the time and money. Virtually no rattles, the ride quieted down quite a bit, and the music is much more accurate/clear.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,092 Posts
Very nice install! How did you make the box?
How many cubic ft of airspace is it?

·
your resident mexican
32 Posts
clean man, clean.

i'm excited today too cause i just had my 12" sub put in and it sounds sick. mine ain't nearly as clean as yours though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
excellent. it woulda been cool if you woulda dropped the amps down more, like into the amp rack, that way you could cover them with a plexiglass cover or something. it would look really awesome and protect your amps from getting scratched as much too. but your setup looks siiick! im a huuge fan of custom work

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tsx536 said:
Very nice install! How did you make the box?
How many cubic ft of airspace is it?
The box is made of 3/4" MDF and fiberglass. It just took a lot of careful measuring and cutting of the factory trunk liner panels. Each box has 0.75 cubic ft of air space (sealed, not ported).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts