Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a local shop that can make custom brake lines and that is cheaper for me than buying aftermarket ones online.

I cannot find any measurements online so I was wondering if any of you know the length and diameter of the brake line and also the size of the fittings.

Any help is much appreciated! :dr:

·
Registered
856 Posts
They're not an expensive enough piece to justify having them custom made. The ones on the market are high quality, DOT approved; who knows what custom will be.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're not an expensive enough piece to justify having them custom made. The ones on the market are high quality, DOT approved; who knows what custom will be.

I can get HEL brake lines from Ebay shipped to me for 193 dollars.

I talked to the shop and they estimated that it'll be around 120-150 dollars for the custom ones.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
2nded

What are you trying to accomplish?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
212 Posts
Keep in mind that this local shop is not a largely backed and financed company, that goes to great lengths making sure their product is safe. -Meeting or exceeding DOT standards.
Sure, maybe they're good at what they do. But is their product on shelves? Does it meet any safety standards? In a dyer situation, will you really be able to count on those brake lines and feel confident doing so?

If your answer is anything less than "yes" to any of these questions, I recommend buying from a reputable brake line manufacturer. Brakes are a safety component; don't jeopardize your or your passenger's well-being.

Ultimately, saving $40-$70 isn't worth your life or your safety.

/my $0.02

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keep in mind that this local shop is not a largely backed and financed company, that goes to great lengths making sure their product is safe. -Meeting or exceeding DOT standards.
Sure, maybe they're good at what they do. But is their product on shelves? Does it meet any safety standards? In a dyer situation, will you really be able to count on those brake lines and feel confident doing so?

If your answer is anything less than "yes" to any of these questions, I recommend buying from a reputable brake line manufacturer. Brakes are a safety component; don't jeopardize your or your passenger's well-being.

Ultimately, saving $40-$70 isn't worth your life or your safety.

/my $0.02
Alright, I think I'll just save some more money and go for the HEL ones.

has anyone tried HEL?

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
No one is helping him lol

Heres what you can do, technafit makes a SS brake kit for TSX's that are the same for TL's, the part number is AC-1600:

ACURA 2004-2008 TL, REAR DISC, 4 Line kit (note its the cheapest on corsport usa if you plan to buy online, but shipping might suck being as you live in Iceland)

Call them up and ask for the length, that you want to make sure the kit will fit an accord Euro R. They should spill the beans :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No one is helping him lol

Heres what you can do, technafit makes a SS brake kit for TSX's that are the same for TL's, the part number is AC-1600:

ACURA 2004-2008 TL, REAR DISC, 4 Line kit (note its the cheapest on corsport usa if you plan to buy online, but shipping might suck being as you live in Iceland)

Call them up and ask for the length, that you want to make sure the kit will fit an accord Euro R. They should spill the beans :)
Thanks! I'll look into this.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You can build your own lines too, if you are handy. Buy AN-3 stainless braided line from Aeroquip (the teflon stuff), and the correct stainless fittings, and build them. last time I checked most hondas use 10x1mm female inverted flare for fittings between hardlines and flex lines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.