Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pics of what i had BEFORE, Blue 9led bulb from TecToys from eBay:

+

Wanted to try something new, in white (look blueish in pics).

Pics of what i have now, my 10 LED white door lights:

What do you think?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
6,313 Posts
Looks good.. did you just use t he existing socket thing from TecToyz LED and just change the individual LED bulbs?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cut the socket from the tectoys bulb and glued it to my board. Easier to get my board in and out that way.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally i only had 2 resistors, but that was because i thought the leds had a voltage of 2.1, these white ones have a voltage of 3.4 so i needed to make a change to the circuit.

1 Resistor would not be sufficient, and would not be good for the leds. The ideal circuit should have 5 resistors for a led array of 5x2. Hope im making sense lol.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
6,313 Posts
^
yes you are haha.. the reason is that the most LED's i've ever put in a circuit is 3 LED's.. for the Wii sensor bar lol.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
great job :thumbsup:
mine is exactly like the one you used to have, it's not as evenly distributed as your new one, but I like it the way it is. Your new one looks much better, though :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Peregrine, i must note though, in the pics it fills it up nicely, however in reality you will see the individual leds which i like. The Tec toys one you will see a big circle in the middle.

I think i will make a set in blue just to compare apples to apples.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I really like this look however i dont know that i'm electronically inclined enough to figure it out on my own, any way you can put together a quick DIY and possible sources for materials?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will work on that as soon as i can, I am currently wiring up my LED tail retro. Its almost done but i only have the passenger side inner tail.

Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
It looks good!

I think I see you from time to time. Esp. on Crescent Street lol
Not so many modded tsx in mtl.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hehe i was on crescent during F1 weekend chilling :)

I have sen quite a few modded tsx's in montreal. You should come to one of the Honda Acura meets, i frequent Julep on thursday around 9ish.

·
Not A MOD3RATOR
4,329 Posts
MTL-TSX, will you make a LED circuit board for the rear dome light too???? I still have those yellow @ the rear, the one I found has a thick circuit board and will not fit the space @ the rear. Not sure which one to purchase.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmmm i could make one for the rear dome light, but i don't think regular sized leds would fit. I will need to buy SMT(surface mount) leds for that.

I believe they sell some nice dome lights on superbrightleds.com which are much better than the tectoys ones.

But i will see what i can do.

·
Registered
336 Posts
MTL-TSX said:
Hehe i was on crescent during F1 weekend chilling :)

I have sen quite a few modded tsx's in montreal. You should come to one of the Honda Acura meets, i frequent Julep on thursday around 9ish.
Yeah, I wanted to go to Julep and check other cars out. But I'd feel bad for my tsx b/c it's nowhere close to say that it's "modded". lol

I am getting my rsb installed tomorrow :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ebell said:
Yeah, I wanted to go to Julep and check other cars out. But I'd feel bad for my tsx b/c it's nowhere close to say that it's "modded". lol

I am getting my rsb installed tomorrow :)
Don't worry about not being "modded" its cool, trust me, there are much worse things there than a stock TSX like fugly modded sunfires and cavaliers.

Which RSB you got? I have had my comptech one almost since i bought the car, but the bushings died so i am running on ES bushings, which died as well, so i need to get new ones.

·
Registered
336 Posts
MTL-TSX said:
Don't worry about not being "modded" its cool, trust me, there are much worse things there than a stock TSX like fugly modded sunfires and cavaliers.

Which RSB you got? I have had my comptech one almost since i bought the car, but the bushings died so i am running on ES bushings, which died as well, so i need to get new ones.
Maybe I should drop by. Thu 9 sounds okay since I finish soccer ~at 8.
Man, how fast/spiritedly are you driving the car to blow off two sets of bushings? :grinno:

I got my rsb from H&R to match the co I have. I like having things from one source. rrrrrrrrr6

Do I need new endlinks? I hope they can get the rusted nuts w/o torching them. Those rubbers on endlinks look volunerable.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Heh well the sotck Comptech bushings are known to die, i dont know why my ES bushing dies, i think im too heavy :( Though i do like to take curves every so often, esp now since im dropped.

To my knowledge you shouldnt need new endlinks, but i did instlal my rsb like a month after getting my car from dealer.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts