Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting off with a little teaser! I've always wanted to try this. halfway done!
Soooo much work... Had to take a break for a week lol.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol yep. The hard part is getting the lenses tinted right. Just a light tint, to shade the inside work, but it's hard to do right. I've had to sand the vht once already lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow, that's looks so nice, maybe once you're done with it can you make a set for my TSX?
Let's first see how these turn out. I'm actually pretty strapped for cash right now, so there's a chance I might just sell them if I can make some money. Been working on them for quite a while already.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
Nice stuff.... Talk to the mods and maybe you can make some money of them if there's a lot of interest?

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice stuff.... Talk to the mods and maybe you can make some money of them if there's a lot of interest?
We'll see how it turns out. Just sealing them back up now. I've been able to wire them directly into the bulb sockets for easy install, except for the turn signal and brake I added to the inside set (these functions are isolated to the outers normally). I'll be posting some pics in a bit. Prob install tomorrow.

Thx!

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Can't wait to see them turned on!

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LED Tails on without lens

Okay, well I've been able to get some pics of them lit up.
Having some problems with the lenses though. I've put VHT nightshade, then clear coat. When I lit them up with the lenses on I suddenly found that one of them has some very weird residue on it. It almost seems as if there are hundreds of snow flakes stuck in the lens. Not sure what it is. I think I'm going to have to give them a good sanding & redo the spray. hopefully its the spray job and not the lens themselves. If any has experience with this happening let me know!

Pics:

LEDs off

Running lights mode

Brakes only

Running & Brakes

Signal only

Running, brakes, & Signal

Reverse rings only

Reverse rings & High power LED bulb

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
Awesome work!

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not quite sure I want to keep them. Might let them go if I get offers. They are still a 1st prototype, so they're far from perfect. But they're still sweet!

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll have to take one for you. I'll add it when I can.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts