Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Long time lurker, but just made an account. I ordered what I thought were new CV axles for my 04 TSX, (Driver side and passenger) but when they arrived they were the same size. is the passenger side axle in 2 pieces? If so, where would I be able to find the axle where it wont really break the bank? I'm new to Honda/Acura and I'm not familiar with the brands I should be going with other than like K-Tuned. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
not entirely too sure on how many pieces are on each side but I emailed Marty from Raxle and he quoted me $299 for each side individually. This is with no upfront core charges which means when you remove and swap out yours, you are sending them back in otherwise its ~$360. I am not sure how well Raxles are though so perhaps someone could chime in on them.

·
Registered
345 Posts
OEM are the only axles known to not cause vibration issues. Some have had success with Raxles, bit it is hit and miss. Try to find OEM used as new are ridiculously expensive. There is an intermediate shaft attached to the back of the engine block that the right axle connects to. The intermediate shaft almost never fails so should not need replacing. The two axles are similar in length.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OEM are the only axles known to not cause vibration issues. Some have had success with Raxles, bit it is hit and miss. Try to find OEM used as new are ridiculously expensive. There is an intermediate shaft attached to the back of the engine block that the right axle connects to. The intermediate shaft almost never fails so should not need replacing. The two axles are similar in length.
Excellent thank you so much. I removed my tranny somewhat recently and removed the inter. shaft and pass. side axle as one piece. That led me to assume that the axle was one assembly, but it's great news to see I didn't buy the wrong axles haha. thanks a ton.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts