Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as you all know Cybernation is hard at work in making a turbo kit for the TSX K24. If the kit is anything like the RSX Kit that they produce it should be well worth the $4000 they are going to charge for it. My question to you guys is who on here would Turbo their TSX? Doesn't seem like the kind of car that you will be willing to beat up.

·
RIP RSX 07-07-04...
10 Posts
I Would Turbo It After I Buy Another Daily Driven Car =)

·
Shift_ Poor
64 Posts
Outkast_CL9 said:
Well as you all know Cybernation is hard at work in making a turbo kit for the TSX K24. If the kit is anything like the RSX Kit that they produce it should be well worth the $4000 they are going to charge for it. My question to you guys is who on here would Turbo their TSX? Doesn't seem like the kind of car that you will be willing to beat up.
Just cause you are running boost, doesn't mean you have to beat her up :) Keep her at the req. stage one boost level and make sure you have the proper gauges so you can keep an eye on things to make sure no problems. Also remember nothing lasts forever, so parts will have to be upgraded/replaced with time.

And Tommy_SX, dude your avater is huge. How about resizing that sucka.

·
Shift_ Poor
64 Posts
Joker said:
Another option (that is in the works) to think about :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, Comptech supercharger. Eaton roots design, and since it is made from Comptech you know it will be realible and also costly LOL But great choice for daily driving for the driver who only is looking for like 50-80 WHP.

·
Registered
47 Posts
OK, so call me ignorant but what's the real difference between a turbo and a supercharger? Is it that the turbo is exhaust driven and the supercharger is engine driven? Also, how much do you think the supercharger will run when it becomes available?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Im waiting to turbo charge my TSX..im not a fan of the supercharger for the money it costs and the power it produces. Maybe if the supercharger came with more hardware like an intercooler or something but thats a maybe. Superchargers nowadays make minimum power to keep things more reliable it seems. No one i've seen has come out with a complete supercharger setup..so you wont be making really good power without alot of money and other mods. But with a turbo it seems they come ready to produce around 100HP over stock numbers and then more room to upgrade.. I'll be waiting for more things to come out for the tSX like pistons/rods/sleeves/and to lower the compression a bit/fuel pumps/etc. So now its a waiting process

·
Boost = TSX's best friend
53 Posts
Any idea when the Cybernation kit will be released?

·
Registered
104 Posts
i think the supercharger would be alot easier then a turbo and less money by far .MY girlfriend has a supercharged rsx-s and its plain out nasty and has no extra oil lines u have to tap into for the turbo that could be a leak one day .The supercharger is a one or 2 day project to install and install a smaller pulley for more boost and more fun ..I am going to wait for jackson racing to come out with there supercharger for the tsx since it has alot better #'s then comptech does on the same car..just my thoughts on the whole s/c vs turbo ... david

·
53 Posts
Just wondering...

So the majority of people on here would rather Supercharge than Turbocharge their TSX's? Personally, I would rather turbocharge mines because I have ridden in both a turbo and supercharged RSX and you just cannot compare the feel of the two cars. I agree that superchargers are more efficient and easier to install but to me, all that is a small price to pay for having a Turbocharged TSX. I can pretty much also guarantee that if any Comptech supercharged TSX line up next to me and my Turbo TSX, I think they will have a hard time keeping up and if they do, i'll just reach down to my boost controller and press the OTB (Over Take Boost) button that has a higher preset boost level and call it a day. So what is the advantage of a Supercharger? No lag? So what, your talking about a 2.4 with a turbo...I don't think I will have a problem with lag =). Disadvantages of having a Supercharger? Can't change the boost, Supercharger always working (wearing out). By the way, I definetly think a Turbo on a TSX will make way more than 40-50WHP as said by Comptech on their Supercharger. I guess the only thing I can say to someone that is convinced on supercharging is to take a ride in a Turbo car and you will KNOW the difference. As far as price goes, $3,595.00 for the comptech kit is a good price but I can tell you one thing, I wouldn't mind paying a little bit more for the turbo kit and get double the horsepower of the supercharger.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Noel said:
JDMCL9T ... Good luck, I hope I never hear about you having "after" problems.
Hater!...lol Im always for a turbo kit over a supercharger! unless companies started making complete supercharger kits pushing 80 to 100HP increases :ben:

·
53 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I am not talking sh!t about SC (superchargers). In fact, I think SC is a very good alternative to TC (turbocharging). All im saying is that if I had the choice, I would definetly go with the turbo. I know plenty of cars that came OEM SC and really impressed me. But like I said, as far as the fun factor is concerned, you can't compare it to turbos, especially if your talking about aftermarket TC where it is common to find a company that can give you 100whp by just adding their TC. Now how big of a belt and pulley do you have to run to get that kinda power out of your SC and at that kind of output, what do you think will be more a effiecient, a SC or TC? I would say that the TC is more efficient because it takes alot more for a SC to make that kinda power then a TC. As far as the "after problems" are concerned, IMO, you run into those type of problems because of two things: first of all is that when people turbo their cars, they automatically think they have a race car and they race everywhere they go. Because it is turbo, you have to take even better care of it and not ABUSE it or else its not going to last. For example, you can't miss your oil changes, use only good oil and good gasoline, make sure you have good sparkplugs in it all the time, have a clean oil, fuel, and air filter. These things are required for having a turbo car but then again, if you care about your car, these are things that you should always do anyway wether or not you have a turbo or SC so in actuality, its not really extra maintenance. For people that are not into maintaining their car like I am then I guess SC is the way to go. In a way when you SC, you just set it and forget it. Second, I have heard of some people that spend all this money on putting a turbo on their car but they go cheap in some critical areas of the turbo kit, for example the fuel system. Everyone here should know and if they don't know, the fuel system is the most important aspect of forced induction cars. If you do decide to turbo your car, do it the right way eventhough it might cost more to do it. Like I said, all of this is IMO so please don't read anything into it, im just glad that the TSX community has a place to go to get other peoples opinions. As for all you SC TSX's, I hope we can have some stoplight confrontations someday... =)

·
would you be my neighbor?
243 Posts
imo id rather SC my car... i see turbos as more of a high performance function ment for cars of high performance, i.e. rx7, supra, skyline

an SC i see more as a luxoury item... so i see it more fit to the TSX...

·
Registered
98 Posts
JDMCL9T said:
Don't get me wrong, I am not talking sh!t about SC (superchargers). In fact, I think SC is a very good alternative to TC (turbocharging). All im saying is that if I had the choice, I would definetly go with the turbo. I know plenty of cars that came OEM SC and really impressed me. But like I said, as far as the fun factor is concerned, you can't compare it to turbos, especially if your talking about aftermarket TC where it is common to find a company that can give you 100whp by just adding their TC. Now how big of a belt and pulley do you have to run to get that kinda power out of your SC and at that kind of output, what do you think will be more a effiecient, a SC or TC? I would say that the TC is more efficient because it takes alot more for a SC to make that kinda power then a TC. As far as the "after problems" are concerned, IMO, you run into those type of problems because of two things: first of all is that when people turbo their cars, they automatically think they have a race car and they race everywhere they go. Because it is turbo, you have to take even better care of it and not ABUSE it or else its not going to last. For example, you can't miss your oil changes, use only good oil and good gasoline, make sure you have good sparkplugs in it all the time, have a clean oil, fuel, and air filter. These things are required for having a turbo car but then again, if you care about your car, these are things that you should always do anyway wether or not you have a turbo or SC so in actuality, its not really extra maintenance. For people that are not into maintaining their car like I am then I guess SC is the way to go. In a way when you SC, you just set it and forget it. Second, I have heard of some people that spend all this money on putting a turbo on their car but they go cheap in some critical areas of the turbo kit, for example the fuel system. Everyone here should know and if they don't know, the fuel system is the most important aspect of forced induction cars. If you do decide to turbo your car, do it the right way eventhough it might cost more to do it. Like I said, all of this is IMO so please don't read anything into it, im just glad that the TSX community has a place to go to get other peoples opinions. As for all you SC TSX's, I hope we can have some stoplight confrontations someday... =)
I concur... Even though I know the TSX wont have the biggest performance gains with a sc compared to a tc. SC is sort of a easier route for most of us. Especially since it appears that tc-ing would require more attention and maintenance on the engine and more things to consider like you said. I think most of us TSX owners just want some gains without worrying too much about maintenance and anything else that needs to be considered.

Haha but on stoplight confrontations... For sure youll rape the sc tsx

·
Registered
95 Posts
ok the comptech sc came out with 30-50 whp while maintaining the car as a daily driver. If you get a tc and push the psi of a daily driver (IMO about 7 psi) you'll be running about the same gains as the supercharger. However if you did decide to run at a high boost, lets say close to 15 psi, then you'll need upgraded internals to make that handle that much boost. It is true that tc is a easier way to get bigger gains with forced induction. You can daily drive low boost and race at high boost without messing with internals. And i dont think anything beats the joy of driving a tc'ed car with blow off valve. I mean in the long run the SC might save you an year or two of the cars life, but i think id have more fun with the tc.

anyways when's this cybernations turbo kit coming out? how much? i want turbo!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.