Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and your 500 miles on a single tank of gas record!!! just got my spring tune up, and cleaned out the fuel system with a chevron techron cleaner. i got 435 miles and i was driving like a moron. tons of city driving and going 80/85 on the hwy. the lightweight pulleys and volks really really help with gas milage (but more importantly performance!!) i plan on making a world record for the tsx. already got a plan set in place.

for other folks in this thread, what is the farthest youve gone on a single tank? what is your avg mpg? right now im at 25.5mpg

·
Registered
895 Posts
I've done 750kms all hwy with stock everything (Tdot to MTL). But I guess if I were to do a tune up and put lighter wheels on, then it should give me better numbers.

~6.2L per 100kms

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
+1^ good timing for a fuel economy thread though with all the rising gas prices.

·
Tex_2_Cali
1,081 Posts
I got 250 on a half tank. everything after the half tank was all city miles and only wound up with like 350 or 380. i cant remember how much it was though

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
Best I have gotten so far is 27mpg. Best Tank mileage was 375 with a quarter left.

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe im just crazy or somethign but i think the gas needle tends to fall faster when youre going from 1/2 tank to E then F to 1/2...anyone else notice this or am i nuts? haah

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
twice a year, no more than that. i use it at the start of spring to prep for peak driving season and then right before winter. its good stuff. chevron is such a trusted name.

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
last time i used it was 6 months ago. u think i should use it again? When i bought the car the previous owner used arco. I get 300 to the gallon.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Ahahaha. Where will you be traveling to get 500 miles? I don't know if you can really get it with mixed driving. I got 500 miles on all freeway. If you see yourself dropping in MPG, try going slow. And I mean real slow. I remember going 60 mph for about 3-4 hours cause Oregon cops are strict.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
BTW doing 435 with city driving is impressive. I think you can definitely break 500

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
last time i used it was 6 months ago. u think i should use it again? When i bought the car the previous owner used arco. I get 300 to the gallon.
i think 6 months is a good time period between using it. ive heard the only bad thing about these fuel system cleaners is that they are hard on the catalytic converters and spark plugs, but thats only if youre using a cleaner every single time you gas up! you should notice some better mpg gains for sure but i wouldnt expect miracles. if i were you, i would make sure all the internal workings of your car are good (spark plugs, valves are properly adjusted if youre past 100k miles, tires are inflated good, etc)

and for any confusion about what i use, heres a pic of the bottle. it consistently is rated very highly on other auto forums and acura zine

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL i saw the thread title and i was like wtf? lol
lol i tried to come up with something different..oh well got you to comment haha

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
i thought u were calling cyn out! I was like finally someone has the balls to call him out! :lol: ill pick up a bottle on my next refill.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts