Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the proud owner of an 05 TSX non navi black on black...man this thing is soooooooo nice, the only thing ive found wrong with it is the gas peddle is kinda jerky when you accelerate slowly...oh i still luv it....im going to put a autostart viper 791 this weekend and tint....in a couple months ill put in a 10w7 and a 500/1 jl amp....im also gonna put a "fence" if you will in the trunk so no1 can steal my nice expensive sub and amp....ill post pics of all this in the following month(s) so yeah i hope everyone here is kewl and will help me with stuff as well as i can help them, i know a lil bit from being in auto tech....hopefully i can help ppl out when they need it....thanks...

oh yeah it was crazy how i received the gift, ill post that later my hands are tired from typing.

Tommy

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
:woot: congrats on your new TSX!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
sounds like mine lol, Very Nice, Congrats dude!

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
holdemplayer said:
I'm the proud owner of an 05 TSX non navi black on black...man this thing is soooooooo nice, the only thing ive found wrong with it is the gas peddle is kinda jerky when you accelerate slowly...oh i still luv it....im going to put a autostart viper 791 this weekend and tint....in a couple months ill put in a 10w7 and a 500/1 jl amp....im also gonna put a "fence" if you will in the trunk so no1 can steal my nice expensive sub and amp....ill post pics of all this in the following month(s) so yeah i hope everyone here is kewl and will help me with stuff as well as i can help them, i know a lil bit from being in auto tech....hopefully i can help ppl out when they need it....thanks...

oh yeah it was crazy how i received the gift, ill post that later my hands are tired from typing.

Tommy
that jerkiness is actually one of the features of the tsx...called Drive by Wire. the electronic throttle control...you'll figure out how to drive it smoothly.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
MemphisRheins said:
sounds like mine lol, Very Nice, Congrats dude!
Ditto, except I have Parchment. Welcome aboard! :)

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
welcome holdemplayer :wavey: enjoy your new TSX

re your intention on oil change:
so you think it's a OK not to follow the published recommendation
and going to change your oil in "a couple of months" ?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,199 Posts
DAmn, you are changing your oil already? Thats not good dude, the first oil in your car is the break in oil.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
WOw...... I would love to see your car.....
I don;t think many people here have the auto start....... i want that thing too.....LOL~
not just cause it can warm up the engine.....but, it SOUNDS cool.....lol!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Yeah, Ive been day dreamin of the Viper Alarm/ Auto Start Combo... Very nice... and I thought he was Refering to an amp not oil before...

but anyway I changed the Oil at 2,000 Miles... Right over to Mobil 1 Synthetic, Recently Regular Oils been catching up, some argue its as good as Synthetic, Guess Im still a ploy to slick marketing, but I Trust Mobil 1... and wanted to get Synthetic Oil into the TSX Asap

·
Registered
634 Posts
Actually, I've always found the TSX's throttle to be silky smooth and very linear. The Audi A4, now that drove like it had a kink in the linkage.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Drunkenbuda said:
DAmn, you are changing your oil already? Thats not good dude, the first oil in your car is the break in oil.
So true...keep that break in oil in there for awhile.

·
9,175 Posts
8k is like the factory recommended time to change. I am changing mine soon, since I jus past my break in period, 2k......

Leaving them in doesnt mean it's better, becasue the collected metal dust from the engine need to come out, i don't think it will affect the engine TAT much, but I don't want those things floating through my engine.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Benz_05TSX said:
8k is like the factory recommended time to change. I am changing mine soon, since I jus past my break in period, 2k......

Leaving them in doesnt mean it's better, becasue the collected metal dust from the engine need to come out, i don't think it will affect the engine TAT much, but I don't want those things floating through my engine.
I lot of folks with EP3 (K20A3) engines experienced oil consumption if they replaced the break in oil too early (before 5k)...myself included. I changed it around 2,400 on my EP3, so I waited to around 5k with my TSX (K24A2). From my experience it's better to wait with K-series engines.

·
9,175 Posts
oh really?...... wow...thanks man!!

I was thinking of asking my friend to help me do a oil change next weekend, since he just broken in his civic too.......
oil comsumption...... you mean gas mialge worse?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Benz_05TSX said:
oh really?...... wow...thanks man!!

I was thinking of asking my friend to help me do a oil change next weekend, since he just broken in his civic too.......
oil comsumption...... you mean gas mialge worse?
No, oil comsumption...as in using/burning oil; something that usually doesn't happen till you have high mileage on your car.

·
9,175 Posts
Oh......wow......you saved me engine!....lol~
SO I should wait until 5k KM before i change/>?/ ....i duno miles~

1 - 20 of 24 Posts