Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 295 Posts

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well......about an hour ago, I just crash my CG 05 TSX....my 2 week old car.....so sad.....

Luckily, no one is hurt....and its minor problems. I was turing in the inner street, driving my friend home, and when i was turning....i came across a BIG PIECE OF BLACK ICE!! and.....my car jus slid across it and went up the curb. Luckily i turn my steering wheel quickly, because I was 2 cm away from the pole, and my car barely made the turn. ..

The only problem wrong with the car is that the front left wheel was like...curved in, so maybe problems with the axis or something. Anyways, I know you guys might say.....YOU YOUNG KIDS...... DRIVE SO FAST....NO EXPERIENCE!....well, I admit, I have no experience on the snow, that's why I don't like driving it. And..... I know how lucky I am that I got this car.... I feel pretty bum right now, even it was minor problems.....sigh...

Oh well....just to let all you Canucks know.....DRIVE SAFE IN THE INNER STREETS AND LOOK OUT FOR BLACK ICE!!

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
hmmm.... so sorry to hear this... don't worry, just replacing a few components will make ur car like new again. (no damage on the body right?)

if u want more experience on the snow, take the ride to SFU at night... hee hee... I play a lot there when I was a kid. Well... kind of brainless, but at least I realized the danger from playing.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Man sorry to hear that. where was the point of impact ? Hope it's just a messed up rim.
and you're in Ca so why you said you had no experience driving on snow ?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Sorry to hear this happened to your new TSX. :(

The alignment sounds like its off. I had something similar happen to me, a lady caused me to hit a curb several months ago when I was driving my CR-V. It bent my rim and made my alignment off on the passenger side front. The thread is here . I highly recommend going to an auto/tire store that has the Hunter Wheel Alignment Machine. It will diagnose the alignment problem very quickly.

·
9,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well.....I am a new driver.....I am only 17...hahhaa......but anyways, SFU sounds great, I will meet you there someday! hahaha....

But luckily, not even a scratch on the body, maybe under the body, but, from what I saw, no scratch.

And Agent Chen, I think it's probably the alignemnt problem too, the tower said the rod (axle?) was bended. My rims look worse than yours, although no cracks ( I wish all my rims were crack, so I have excuse to get some Volks) but my front left rim was bend in. Like, it was on an angle. But, I don't feel too sad, it's minor problems, I hope I can get back soon.....I am starting to miss it already~!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Sorry to hear... at least everyone is ok.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts
wow... bent rims?

let's hope ur arms/rotors/struts are arlight..

·
9,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know.......I think I am looking at about 1 grand or more of repairs.......damn I am going to be broke...... there goes my rims and suspension money...... :mecry:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Sorry to hear about it, glad you're OK!

I can understand about not having experience in those conditions.
I had one bad accident in my life (fortunately nobody got hurt there either), and it was because I didn't have any experience in heavy rain!!! I was a pretty new driver, and I just DIDN'T KNOW that you can't fling the wheel around and/or slam the brakes when the road is slick!

I'm serious! :tard:

I think yours is a little more understandable than mine.

BTW....how are you gonna be broke? Won't it be covered by insurance?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,322 Posts
What kind of rims or suspension can you get for 1 grand? I am up for there. Hook Me Up, Dude.
Sorry to hear that. Now you got driving experience in snow. That's how I learn mind, but luckily no damage when turn.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
IMO most people drive too fast on slick pavement, and too slow on dry pavement.

Larchmont, who's usually the fastest car on the road on dry, and the slowest on slick.

·
Premium Member
2,756 Posts
Yeah man I feel for you. After seeing a BMW crashed into a pile of cars makes me wonder how sad I will be if my Princess crashed into something bad...

·
助手席乗員
2,128 Posts
sorrie to hear this..
i guess from ur explanation...
i think u just need to change the arm..

hope ur rotor and rim is fine..
coz if the rim is bent too much..
cost like 500-600 to replace a new one..

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
sorry to hear abt this .. ~~
but u r lucky dude .. ~
my frds lost RSX-S and GTi 20th anniversary just these days ~
everyone made mistakes .. ~ i did 1000X worse shit when i was 17 ~
that 1K will teach u sthing ... ~
just becareful ~

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
228 said:
sorry to hear......
iam lucky with my summer tires
haha .. ~~ how's goin with ur summer tires ar hahah .. ~
it must be really crazy drving with them .. ~

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Andynolife said:
haha .. ~~ how's goin with ur summer tires ar hahah .. ~
it must be really crazy drving with them .. ~
hahaa.....as i heard the news today......tomorrow will be snowing again....

:bowdown: pls no.....although my summer tires work not bad on snow.....still i dont want any snow coz i got classes tomorrow.....in NW....those downhill are crazy :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
2,756 Posts
228 said:
hahaa.....as i heard the news today......tomorrow will be snowing again....

:bowdown: pls no.....although my summer tires work not bad on snow.....still i dont want any snow coz i got classes tomorrow.....in NW....those downhill are crazy :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
INITIAL D!!!

1 - 20 of 295 Posts