Acura TSX Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Did the track day this past Sunday I honestly didn’t even get close to my goal and I went flying off the first session losing the ebay lip. Mainly because of cold tires I didn’t expect it to be that cold. It was a fun event regardless and got some pretty consistent times for the most part. I also meet another tsx there so that was cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Haven’t been on here much and I haven’t been really driving the tsx. I’ve been focused on the e36 m3 that I can hopefully drive and possibly sell soon and get back on track with the tsx. I signed up for some track days in these next two months so I will be driving the car as is for the 19th and 20th at streets next week and upgrading tires for chuckwalla on March 6th. I also took a nice long drive yesterday and took some pictures it felt good to drive the car again.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
So I went and did the weekend at streets with ach motoring and doghouse events and had a blast, but a couple of days before I took the car to work and was driving on mullholand testing the car and underestimated a bush that took my side mirror out, shout out to my buddy in the grey tsx for picking up some mirrors for me in his area! Aside from that I dropped my time down to a 1:31 without any modifications...maybe the black side mirrors? Super stoked and going to get ready for chuckwalla on March 6th just need good tires and ball joints :)

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
that's funny i read about you switching out to black mirrors on a CGP TSX. just a few minutes earlier i was on my break looking over my CGP 06 thinking about doing blacked out window trim and dechromed handles and how black mirrors would look better as the black would flow uninterrupted to the fender/A pillar area. Then i come here and see a black mirror CGP TSX! Could you be so kind to take some side profile photos? Want to see how well the line flows with everything above the window line black.

Also i would love if you did some reviews of your head light setup. really tempted to pick up a beat set from ebay and do a similar setup with stupid bright high beam spotlights. Running a now recalled for being too bright Hikari eye of ultron H1 bulb in the high beam and while they're crazy bright they don't have the distance i want. You can see the future in front of you, they're perfect in the rain, but there's not enough light 100' down the road.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
that's funny i read about you switching out to black mirrors on a CGP TSX. just a few minutes earlier i was on my break looking over my CGP 06 thinking about doing blacked out window trim and dechromed handles and how black mirrors would look better as the black would flow uninterrupted to the fender/A pillar area. Then i come here and see a black mirror CGP TSX! Could you be so kind to take some side profile photos? Want to see how well the line flows with everything above the window line black.

Also i would love if you did some reviews of your head light setup. really tempted to pick up a beat set from ebay and do a similar setup with stupid bright high beam spotlights. Running a now recalled for being too bright Hikari eye of ultron H1 bulb in the high beam and while they're crazy bright they don't have the distance i want. You can see the future in front of you, they're perfect in the rain, but there's not enough light 100' down the road. I recommend some eBay headlights or at least some used headlights that the
here are some photos of the side honestly it blends into the cgp and you can’t notice any difference, I’ll try to do a solid review of the headlights if I find another tsx willing to help for a video. As for doing it yourself I recommend some eBay headlights or second hand that would be easy to restore. I struggled by wet sanding and re clearing the lens because of the condition, looks great but it’s not perfect or worth the time spent on doing it. (Updated)

Attachments

41 - 45 of 45 Posts