Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Love the focus and functionality of this build, you've inspired me to do a lot of things on my TSX. why are you using a switch for the retrofitted high beam? why not wire up a relay switched by the high beams so you can use the high beam switch on the stalk? You should be able to just use the stock wiring. i would surprised if they were more than 30W or so, LEDs are pretty efficient. The stock H1 high beam is 55W.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Love the focus and functionality of this build, you've inspired me to do a lot of things on my TSX. why are you using a switch for the retrofitted high beam? why not wire up a relay switched by the high beams so you can use the high beam switch on the stalk? You should be able to just use the stock wiring. i would surprised if they were more than 30W or so, LEDs are pretty efficient. The stock H1 high beam is 55W.
Thank you I appreciate it ,
knowing I have terrible grammar skills. The only reason I don’t want to use the oem harness is I don’t want something to go wrong and fry my headlight wires or damage anything. the harness wasn’t expensive so I didn’t mind although it was kind of a pain running the harness clean by the stock wires. I’m currently happy with the results hopefully I can give a good update soon by the end of this week. I’ll post some random pictures of what I’m doing.

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
really digging the headlights! Can't wait to see how the new high beam performs. i have some hikari LED H1s in mine now that are really bright, but i need to shim them so they're pointing higher up. Great spot light functionality on them but they throw too much light right in front of the car reducing visibility farther down the road. If this works out for you i might hack up my old USDM headlights and do the same. What are you planning on doing for the corner lenses?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
really digging the headlights! Can't wait to see how the new high beam performs. i have some hikari LED H1s in mine now that are really bright, but i need to shim them so they're pointing higher up. Great spot light functionality on them but they throw too much light right in front of the car reducing visibility farther down the road. If this works out for you i might hack up my old USDM headlights and do the same. What are you planning on doing for the corner lenses?
I actually opened up my 2005 headlights and swapped everything over so I don’t have to worry about mounting the ballast. I guess the 06-08 have a different ballast and chrome under the amber while the 04-05 have a reflective black, I’ll just swap them and im good to go. I will hopefully have this wrapped up by the end of the week. In the mean time I removed the wiper motor and got more pictures of the gt3 brake ducts on the car.[/QUOTE]

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Doing WORK! Love it man!
Thank you! Especially for answering my random questions on Instagram. I’ll try to come out to a vtec club event soon. I signed up to ach motoring track day in November I will hopefully have the car ready by then

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Finished my headlights! I still need to aim and test them on a mountain drive at night. There not perfect and I went way over budget, but I love them. Pictures don’t show how much these light up the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Finnished the sunroof delete yesterday I’m pretty exited and happy how it came out. I’m going to do the water test and maybe a highway test just to be 100% sure. I used 3m window weld around the edge and bottom, and 3m weather strip sealant on the top To avoid any air or water getting through. it was a perfect fit so it took less than a tube and some masking tape To seal the top. I also bought a dash kit that deletes the storage under the radio And put a carbon fiber panel as a delete. I don’t use them and I think it looks cool, I may add some race car switches or shut off switch not sure yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Feels like I have been making progress but..not really. don’t have much time to work on the car but my headlight project is slowly coming together, the dv8 lights I ordered were too small so I went with a kc led light that I will have on a switch next to the vsa..at least that’s the plan. Also need to paint them and re clear my headlight lens so still in the works. I got my sunroof delete panel that i will need to make a custom brackets To hold the panel flush, I also installed the passenger side innovative motor mount.
what size is the Kc light ?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts