Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an 04 TSX for myself in the beginning of may. 6MT, Milano red. It was wrecked in the back so i'm gonna fix it, drive and defiantly mod it. It was frame damage in the back, gonna get it pulled and some pieces replaced. Next is a full car repaint. I'm doing all the work for that so i'm only paying for the cost of the paint.
This is before tearing it apart

This is next to my M3 that i just got rid of.

Few pics of the damage

And heres a few of the repaint process.

Im really excited to get this car on the road. First off im going to ditch all of the Acura badges and go with Honda badges.

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the support guys. Its coming along great, lots and lots of sanding and prepping. But it will be worth it for a flawless body and paint job. Ill look into the ice box, thanks for the tip. Im debating what to do with the chrome door handle inserts and the door trims.. whats the best thing to do there?

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
If you're painting anyway, paint them body color, at least the door handles. I don't know how the window trim would look color matched, but if you don't like it, you could always cover it with black vinyl. I think black strips on the door handles look out of place though.

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update

Haven't updated for a while so here it is. Got the car back from the framer. Looks excellent. All OEM parts used. The gaps are perfect, trunk latches very nice. Overall im happy, it was worth the wait.

The front bumper had an insane amount of rock chips, so to town i went with a DA and hand sanding

After primer

Also I may have done the impossible task! :)

I have also picked up a set of Enkei EVO8 wheels, tein H tech lowering springs, and a CAI. More pics and updates coming soon after paint :)

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
How did you get the chrome accents out of the handles?

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Starting to look good! I'm glad this car is coming along nicely!
Thank you! Its coming along slowly, but im putting lots of time into it.

How did you get the chrome accents out of the handles?
It was a big PITA if you guys want, i can make a DIY that should help... but i put them in the oven 220 degrees for about five minutes, really slowly did the first half, then oven again and do the second half. one at a time. took over an hour.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Please do! I have been wanting to change the color of the handles but can't get those out.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
looking great! the framework was impressive and can't wait to see the finished results. btw i just want to say damnnn you on the Evo 8 wheels! been trying for a while to find them lol.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Thank you! Its coming along slowly, but im putting lots of time into it.

It was a big PITA if you guys want, i can make a DIY that should help... but i put them in the oven 220 degrees for about five minutes, really slowly did the first half, then oven again and do the second half. one at a time. took over an hour.
Do they "pop" out or peel out??? It looks like they are glued in there but i would like to be sure before i get crazy lol

1 - 20 of 52 Posts