Acura TSX Forum banner

Daviddoroshenko's 04 TSX restore/buildup

9K views 51 replies 14 participants last post by  CMEJATT 
#1 ·
Bought an 04 TSX for myself in the beginning of may. 6MT, Milano red. It was wrecked in the back so i'm gonna fix it, drive and defiantly mod it. It was frame damage in the back, gonna get it pulled and some pieces replaced. Next is a full car repaint. I'm doing all the work for that so i'm only paying for the cost of the paint.
This is before tearing it apart

This is next to my M3 that i just got rid of.

Few pics of the damage

And heres a few of the repaint process.

Im really excited to get this car on the road. First off im going to ditch all of the Acura badges and go with Honda badges.

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks for the support guys. Its coming along great, lots and lots of sanding and prepping. But it will be worth it for a flawless body and paint job. Ill look into the ice box, thanks for the tip. Im debating what to do with the chrome door handle inserts and the door trims.. whats the best thing to do there?

#7 ·
If you're painting anyway, paint them body color, at least the door handles. I don't know how the window trim would look color matched, but if you don't like it, you could always cover it with black vinyl. I think black strips on the door handles look out of place though.

#12 ·
Update

Haven't updated for a while so here it is. Got the car back from the framer. Looks excellent. All OEM parts used. The gaps are perfect, trunk latches very nice. Overall im happy, it was worth the wait.

The front bumper had an insane amount of rock chips, so to town i went with a DA and hand sanding

After primer

Also I may have done the impossible task! :)

I have also picked up a set of Enkei EVO8 wheels, tein H tech lowering springs, and a CAI. More pics and updates coming soon after paint :)

#15 ·
Thank you! Its coming along slowly, but im putting lots of time into it.

How did you get the chrome accents out of the handles?
It was a big PITA if you guys want, i can make a DIY that should help... but i put them in the oven 220 degrees for about five minutes, really slowly did the first half, then oven again and do the second half. one at a time. took over an hour.

#14 ·
How did you get the chrome accents out of the handles?

#17 ·
Please do! I have been wanting to change the color of the handles but can't get those out.

#19 ·
looking great! the framework was impressive and can't wait to see the finished results. btw i just want to say damnnn you on the Evo 8 wheels! been trying for a while to find them lol.

#22 ·
Finally Milano RED!!!

After more sanding and bodywork it was ready for paint. A few hours in the paint booth and....... viola!

Slapped on a few parts so i can just drive it home...

And paint matched the chrome trims on the handles, gotta say looks better than i thought. (thanks for the tip willy)

I am super happy with the paint job, not a single leak, perfectly shiny, no buffing needed. Now im going to put the car all back together. Ill keep this updated.. lemme know what ya guys think..

#28 ·
Thank you!

Looks great, I as well paint matched my handles, but filled them in with epoxy and sanded them down. I think it looks so much better all paint matched. Did you color match the hood trim and grill bottom trim as well?
Car looks awesome, cant wait to see it all together :tu2:
No, for some reason i didnt think of that. Im planning on wrapping the window trims and grill trim black, if anything there is leftover paint.. :)

Nice job. Can't wait to see the handles installed. I wish you did your window trim as well. Now that would be one of a kind.
I didnt want too much red..it would look like a little toy car at that point :laugh:

At this point its about half way together. Im taking my time and doing a good job!

#25 · (Edited)
Looks great, I as well paint matched my handles, but filled them in with epoxy and sanded them down. I think it looks so much better all paint matched. Did you color match the hood trim and grill bottom trim as well?
Car looks awesome, cant wait to see it all together :tu2:

#30 ·
All together!

Haven't updates for a while, but here's a little. The car is all back together, the only thing im waiting for is the long black roof moldings from Acura.

A few mods i will do in the next couple weeks:
1. Hondata reflash (got a reflashed ecu, immobilzer and key, just need a new one cut.
2. CAI
3.Black out all the chrome
4.Honda conversion
Im going back to school in the fall, so it will be a daily driver. I just want it to be as practical as possible.

A few things ive noticed from driving
1: The K24 has lots of potential (after College ill go FI if i still have it)
2: This car neeeeds a big brake kit.

#33 ·
Im happy too!

Car looks great and similar in a way haha, how do you like the EVO8's? Ive noticed a slight vibration and purchased some hub-centric spacers to correct the gap and it seemed to do the trick. Also did you go with the shank style lugs or use the acorn type? For the center caps I filled mine in with epoxy, sanded down then painted to match the powdercoating.
To be honest i actually got the idea for the wheels from your thread, i like how they sit on this car. I used shank lug nuts, but eventually ill order some nice aftermarket ones. As far as the wheel spacers and center caps, I have a Mill and lathe in my garage, i will make myself a set of center caps...well because i can :) and if that doesn't work out, i will sand them down and fill with either bondo or epoxy. The thing im worried about is after paint if the mitsubishi logo will still show through.. For the spacers, when i have time, i will take all the measurements and machine me some! Your car is like my idol LOL, for a while it was my desktop background until i got mine painted!

#32 ·
Car looks great and similar in a way haha, how do you like the EVO8's? Ive noticed a slight vibration and purchased some hub-centric spacers to correct the gap and it seemed to do the trick. Also did you go with the shank style lugs or use the acorn type? For the center caps I filled mine in with epoxy, sanded down then painted to match the powdercoating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.