Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok So i placed an order for the ddm hid 6k bulbs for my low beams. I notice my driver side is not as bright as my passanger one. Before i contact ddm i would like to know what experince do some of you have. Is it possiable i installed my driver side bulb incorrectly? Or is the bulb defected? Please advise.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
yeah, its angled like that so you dont blind oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are u serious?? so they make the driver side less brighter then the passanger side? i mean it makes sense but can others confirm this?

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
guys i think he is reffering to the actual lights and not the beam pattern?...mines are both equally bright ...not one is dimmer than the other one...u might have a defected one...a freind of mine had to get his replaced n they re-send him a new pair free of charge...

·
Wsup den?
60 Posts
Way to spread false information without backing it up with facts.

Read:
Apexcone - Its been 10 years. Now what? - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum
DDM will be leaving BF.C - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum

I have DDMTuning HID's, they stopped working one day after I installed them. Called DDMTuning, never got a call back, sent them e-mails, nothing. I finally got in contact with someone, they said they can't do anything. This was last year, really doubt they will be willing to help with anything since they have no HID's left, and aren't going to be selling them anymore.

I ended up getting HIDExtra bulbs and MTEC bulbs.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
ddmtuning said:
Warranties will be unaffected. I'll keep a stash for it. Despite all of the blithering from competitors who couldn't match prices, these things are ridiculously reliable. We get very few back for replacement.
if thats what you experienced then i'll take your word for it

·
Wsup den?
60 Posts
If you read on Bimmerforums, many people have been having issues with them for the last couple of months. I didn't care because they were only $15 bucks. But others have bought headlights and multiple kits and are having issues. When they refused, I ended up getting some bulbs from HIDExtra, but got a good deal on some MTEC bulbs. Then my TSX got totaled, and tried to sell all three pairs for $50, the buyer refused to take the DDMTuning ones, and they're just sitting in my closest.

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
DDM will be leaving BF.C - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum

I have DDMTuning HID's, they stopped working one day after I installed them. Called DDMTuning, never got a call back, sent them e-mails, nothing. I finally got in contact with someone, they said they can't do anything. This was last year, really doubt they will be willing to help with anything since they have no HID's left, and aren't going to be selling them anymore.

I ended up getting HIDExtra bulbs and MTEC bulbs.
You really can't read, can you?

DDM Tuning said:
We will continue the HID business although you will see it split off from the main DDM website.
Sure, their HID shipments are delayed (as are EVERYONE else's that sources from outside of the USA... aka every source). But they never mention having run out, and they explicitly mention they are keeping the HID business alive (and apparently in an effort to improve turnaround and customer service, are splitting their company into pieces to allow more focused attention on the customers).

Quit spreading false informaton because you are mad at their HID's not working well for you. I've personally dealt with them once (in November 2010), and their phone staff were extremely helpful, their product worked and still works perfectly (5000K HID bulbs), and I felt I was valued as a customer even though I only spent $15!

·
Wsup den?
60 Posts
Obviously you don't know how to read. DDMTuning is not going to be selling anymore HID's

A lot of the products we sell now, we are not going to be selling anymore. Some things we sell we will sell a lot more of and most surprising of all, we are going to move out of HID and a lot of other lighting products within the next several weeks. By the time we get to March 1st which is Apexcone's 10th anniversary, we will be doing something mostly different.
They had shit customer service back when I bought my bulbs ( my thread DDM HID bulbs - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum) no one got back to me.

I am not mad over $15 dollars, they are shit Chinese bulbs anyway. They have zero customer service. I've been on Bimmerforums since 2005, I've read many threads about how other members have been treated when they bought anything from them. I dont know how this is false information

DDM Tuning sucks! - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum
Ddm tuning sucks - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum
ddm tuning? - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum

Many people have had issues with their cheap parts.

Why would I tell the OP that he'll get any help. Its better to move on, because they aren't going to help him. If he wants better bulbs, I recommend these because I have used them in my car, and my family members car's:

MTEC
HIDExtra
Phillips

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
personaly i have never had no issues with my hid kit for my low beams its been since june of 2010 and they are great...a freind of mines bought a kit and i spoke to them an they were cool and very customer freindly and exhange a pair of buls free of charge....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well its not been two weeks since i installed these hid for my low beams. I immeditly sent them an email in regards to the issue and they response was send a picture. Well i did, and i have yet to hear back from them. I called them numerous times and no one answers. SMH! I already ordered my fog hids from ebay. I was recommended to use ddm on this site but my personal experince has not been very well with ddm, so i would suggest no one orders anything from them. bottom line.

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
^ sorry to hear about the news bud, I was thinking of ordering HIDs for my fogs but I guess I won't anymore.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had my DDM lowbeam/fogs for about a year now and i love them! 5000k lows / 4500k fogs. The fogs actually project yellow on the road but when you look at them you can barely see the yellow tint!
As per the one light being dimmer than the other, yes it could be a bad bulb, ballast etc. But another thing to thing about is the ground on the vehicle for that headlight. Most likely there is a ground coming out of the OEM harness that bolts into thte fender or sumwhere near the headlight. This ground is also most likely used for other parts of the vehicle on that same circuit. Sometimes with a bad ground that light with look dimmer do to the fact of a higher resistance due to rust/corrosion etc. It is quite a possibility this could be the issue!!!!

·
-
1,582 Posts
Ok So i placed an order for the ddm hid 6k bulbs for my low beams. I notice my driver side is not as bright as my passanger one. Before i contact ddm i would like to know what experince do some of you have. Is it possiable i installed my driver side bulb incorrectly? Or is the bulb defected? Please advise.

Back to the issue at hand...

I would recommend that you swap bulbs side to side, then swap the ballast's around, then swap in the original bulbs.
This should tell you what the issue is.

Sometimes you have to get off the internet & get under the hood of your car to resolve technical issues! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts