Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When they pull off those white plastic body protector, it left a few little stickey glue thingy. How do I get those off ? I do not want to ruin the paint, it looks like i need to rub hard but I dont want to spread the sticky crap around..

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
hmmm i would not risk testing it --- I'd ask the dealer they're the real expert on this

·
Sleeperus-Maximus
164 Posts
Just use 99% rubbing alky. You can pick it up at any drug store or super market for like a dollar a bottle. Put some on a dry terry cloth towel and wipe in a circular motion. It will be best to wash the area off with water first so you dont trap any large drit prticles and scratch the clear coat with it. There are also products such as "glue-gone" and "goof-off" that work even better, You need to wash it off quickly though, if you levae it on your paint for longer then a half hour or so itll start to eat your paint.

·
Sleeperus-Maximus
164 Posts
I just remembered, the stuff is called "Goo-Gone". You can get it at longs, rite aide or other stores of the like. Im sure you can even order it online, just google "goo-gone". That stuff will work perfectly.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,461 Posts
if u use anything such as rubbing alchol, glass cleaner or goo gone on ur paint, make sure u wax those spots when u are done. cause anything with alchol base in it takes layers of wax right off

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks.. i bought goo gone a while back to remove crap off the dash board on my old car... and still got it.. but i was at a self server car wash and they had the high pressure wash gun... i did a quick one and it came right off.. lol.. but i didn't do the rest.. they're like all over the car..

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,461 Posts
my car had glue spots all over it too when i got it. from the plastic. i washed the car and than i did the 3 step meguiars wax set up and bought a low speed buffer from target for like 20.00. now its good to go. that worked for me. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
JoeB18R said:
clay bar is a big PITA compared to using a solvant like "desolvit" or "goo gone"
True... but I would prefer to do it correctly rather than put something potentially damanging on the finish of my car. Sometimes easiest isn't always best.

·
UK Accord Type-S
109 Posts
a much cheaper option is to use WD-40....it's excellent for dissolving and removing stickyness

1 - 12 of 12 Posts