Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new TSX arrives in just over 2 days from now.. but i got a few questions.

1. in my RSX/EL days, i used to go to Honda to do most of the servicings because they were pretty much civics... this helped save alot of dough
by NOT allowing acura service to rape me with their insane pricing. Can we stll pull this off with the TSX?

2. what is the lifespan of our HID headlights? from what i've heard.. they last for pretty much life of car?

3. first mod for me is painted calipers... am getting NBP so am thinking gunmetal calipers as shown in pic:

4. with the parchment interior.. i had to settle with that wood trim.. anyone got any ideas on either replacing the trim (and how easy that would be)..and/or other modding ideas?

thanks for helping me out on the questions...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
About #1: You can't have warranty work done except by Acura (at least this used to be the case, and I think it still is). And also you better check to make sure it doesn't void any of the warranty stuff if you fail to have certain work done by Acura.

I partly experienced this with my old Acura Legend, when the local Acura dealer/service closed down and the area was left without any Acura place. Actually the service place itself, which formerly had been both "Honda" and "Acura," continued to exist, but now it was just Honda. So it was still the same place and the same great guys doing the work, but it was no longer under Acura's umbrella, and there was certain stuff they wouldn't have been able to do. The "warranty" issue didn't apply very much because by that time the car was so old that it didn't much matter and it never actually came into play.

The prospect of not taking the car to Acura service, at least in the early years of owning a new car, was such a great issue IMO that when it came time for me to get my next car, I took a "field trip" to see how close or far the nearest Acura places were. And (different story) it was a big part of how I wound up moving to where I live now. :jeffy:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Acura604 said:
2. what is the lifespan of our HID headlights? from what i've heard.. they last for pretty much life of car?

4. with the parchment interior.. i had to settle with that wood trim.. anyone got any ideas on either replacing the trim (and how easy that would be)..and/or other modding ideas?
- No, HIDs have an average lifespan of 4 - 6 years on Hondas depending how many hours they're used. HID bulbs costs approximately $100 each and are recommended to be replaced in a set for best lighting output as HIDs change colors overtime. Should only one bulb be replaced, both beams with have different colors output.

- We can get either a silver/titanium metallic trim or woodtrim, is that not available from your dealership? The full interior trim is however an optional item from factory.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Acura604 said:
:nod: :nod: :nod:
hehe the timing can not be better, I been hoping for a post like this.
I have Ebony interior with the silver stock trim. I'd love to have the wood trim.
Would you like a trade ?

If so, I will look up in the service manual to see if those pieces are (easily) removable.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
robert_tsxgeek said:
:nod: :nod: :nod:
hehe the timing can not be better, I been hoping for a post like this.
I have Ebony interior with the silver stock trim. I'd love to have the wood trim.
Would you like a trade ?

If so, I will look up in the service manual to see if those pieces are (easily) removable.
well..i'll let u know..but keep me posted on ease of removal/install of the stock trim.
thanks.

*i'm in vancouver, B.C. Canada.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Acura604 said:
well..i'll let u know..but keep me posted on ease of removal/install of the stock trim.
thanks.
OK Looked up in the servise manual last night.
In a nut shel - NOT worth the troubl. too much work.

Very easy to remove the pieces on the dash FACING you.
Removing ones on the front doors is lots work - need to remove the door panel.
Trim piece is fastened on the inner-side of door panel with 6 screws.

Then there is the "face" of the Nav/Audio unit. Nedd to pull that one out for a complete swap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts