Acura TSX Forum banner

Dealer's Offer

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  BLACK JET MAX 
#1 ·
I'm shopping around in CT for an automatic, non-navi, NBP w/ ebony int. The lowest offer I've gotten is $27,265 out the door. That includes tax, registration, destination, and everything else.

I'm trading in a '99 Corolla; the KBB is $4,700, so it's really my trade-in plus $22,565.

Think I can get him down even more? Has anyone gotten less than $27 OTD?

#2 ·
Thats a good price for a TSX, roughly the same price many pay for it. Though if your able to negotiate, you can get the price down to $27k even, maybe lower. I paid $26,500 OTD for my TSX w/ ebony, non-navi, spoiler, wheel locks, back in May 03. I used to live in Illinois, and ended up buying my TSX in Kansas...since taxes were lower and they had better selection and were willing to negotiate on price.

#3 ·
Dealer invoice inc. destination for an '05 is $25,354. CT tax of 6% would be $1401.24, which brings you to $26,875.24 plus reg/title/etc...

You could get it for less than than $27K; you'd have to convince the dealer to go into his 3% holdback, some will, some won't.

#4 ·
Dunno, but I think that's a GREAT deal.
I say if you really want this car and you can afford that money, POUNCE on it.

Remember, y'all -- we have to take into account that the figure includes not only destination charge (about $600), but also STATE TAX, which is $1400.
(Thank you for the info, Lanny!)

That means the actual price that CTgirl is being quoted is about $25,200, which is $1800 below MSRP!!!!!

That's fantastic. I don't see how you could do much better than that.

#5 ·
Actually, I think there's still more room for negotiation by CTgirl. Since she has a trade-in she's getting a break on her sales tax. Working backwards, it looks like the sales price of the TSX is about $26,000, or about $650 over invoice. And, that's not even close to getting into the dealer's holdback.

It's a fair price, but not a screaming great deal. I would try to get a few more hundred dollars knocked off and get the dealer to commit to whatever freebies I was interested in. I highly recommend the trunk tray and the all-weather mats, they are quite useful.

#6 ·
I think it's a screaming great deal.

How many people have you heard of getting a deal like what you're saying on a TSX any time lately?
Or any time at all, in fact?

I think I've heard of maybe 4 or 5 better deals on a TSX, EVER.
Out of hundreds.

The TSX, at least as far as I've ever known or heard, isn't a car where you expect to get a price very close to invoice or (as you suggest) below invoice.
If you CAN get such a deal, of course, more power to you.

But $1800 below MSRP is a terrific deal.

#7 ·
Oh, I forgot to factor in miscellaneous fees like registration and documentation fees. So, maybe the dealer's offer is about $500 over invoice, which is fair. I still think there's room for a lower price, but you may be getting close to the dealer's pain threshhold.

Maybe it would be worth it to look at the "New Owner's Thread" to see how much others have been paying.

#8 ·
larchmont said:
I think it's a screaming great deal.

How many people have you heard of getting a deal like what you're saying on a TSX any time lately?
Or any time at all, in fact?

I think I've heard of maybe 4 or 5 better deals on a TSX, EVER.
Out of hundreds.

The TSX, at least as far as I've ever known or heard, isn't a car where you expect to get a price very close to invoice or (as you suggest) below invoice.
If you CAN get such a deal, of course, more power to you.

But $1800 below MSRP is a terrific deal.
Wow, that was weird. I think you beat me by a few seconds.

Anyways, to answer you, we just purchased the car in my signature for $25,650 (before TTL) a week ago and we bargained the dealer into throwing in the trunk mat and all-weather mats for free. It wasn't hard, either. 15 minutes on the phone, another 30 minutes at the dealership for the extras.

Of course, I have no idea what the market is like in CT. We live in TX.

My point is, it doesn't hurt to try. You literally have nothing to lose.

#9 ·
Actually I think you do have something to lose.

You lose at least a little time -- if nothing else, because of the extra time it takes to get the deal. And if that specific car was available right at that time, it's possible that by the time you make the deal, it might be gone, and then you have to wait.

If that doesn't matter to someone, then indeed there's nothing to lose.

#10 ·
manavi said:
.....we just purchased the car in my signature for $25,650....
Aside from the extras that got thrown in later, your deal was just about the same as what's being offered to CTgirl, maybe $100-150 better.
I'm assuming that Texas has no state tax -- is that right?

I'm also assuming that the price you give included DESTINATION CHARGE.
If it didn't, CTgirl's quote is a few hundred better.

#11 ·
larchmont said:
Aside from the extras that got thrown in later, your deal was just about the same as what's being offered to CTgirl, maybe $100-150 better.
I'm assuming that Texas has no state tax -- is that right?

I'm also assuming that the price you give included DESTINATION CHARGE.
If it didn't, CTgirl's quote is a few hundred better.
Tax is 6.25% in Texas. And, yes, the price did include the DESTINATION CHARGE. Our OTD price was $27,500.

I already stated that I think the deal being offered to CTgirl is fair, so there's no argument there. Like I said, I don't know what the market is like in CT, but here in TX a dealer offered to sell me any new 2005 automatic TSX at invoice.

#13 ·
hey all newbie here i have had my 05 tsx for almost 2 months now i got a black on black with navi --i paid 27000 for it --they knocked it down from 29500 to 27000 for me and tahts with navi --so maybe thats gives u a good idea where u should be at for the non navi tsx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.