Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why is this so expensive? they want th esame for putting in just a new set of OE shocks/struts, plus parts.

what gives? are they just out of their damn mind? or is it that complicated?

does the a-spec suspension come already put together (springs on shocks/struts)?

·
pedal damn it
2,900 Posts
Find a local guy on the forum that can do the install for u at a good price or a small tire/alignment shop that can give u a package price for cheap. Run away from the dealer!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks efrah.

any idea what this should cost from a decent shop?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I would guess closer to 100 a side. I would do it yourself and save the pesos.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
then just get an alignment?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Honestly if he's not mechanically inclined then doing it himself might hurt instead of gain.

You're in Florida so there should be plenty of independent shops that can swap it for you at a more reasonable price than the dealership.

·
四世
1,767 Posts
Honestly if he's not mechanically inclined then doing it himself might hurt instead of gain.

You're in Florida so there should be plenty of independent shops that can swap it for you at a more reasonable price than the dealership.
I agree with Danny on this one. I remember when I did my first coilover install, it was a mess. I did everything wrong. But if you want, find a friend or a friendly member from around your area and maybe you guys can do the install together. That way, later on, you can try it on your own.

The stealership sucks though. I remember when I went in to ask them about my door actuator, they were gunna charge me almost 500 bucks for diagnostics, the part (which is only 20 bucks) and labor. It's not worth it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts