Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what the dealer (Acura of Riverside) means when they say that i need to do a transmission flush ($230)?

The advisor said they use 15 quarts of ATF total to do the flush, but did not specify whether it was the drain-and-fill method (x5) or some sort of machine that exchanges the fluid.

so can someone please tell me how they do it because i don't want them to flush using a machine that'll ruin my tranny.

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
you need to ask them yourself. different dealerships have different ways.

you do not want machine. you want drain and fill, run through gears, drain and fill, (repeat 3-4 times)

i would buy the fluid on your own through curry acura (see my sig) unless your dealership offers it for cheaper, which i highly doubt, and bring it to your dealer and tell them you want the drain and fill method. should cost you no more than $150 total for the fluid and all the time it takes to repeatedly drain and fill

and you will only need 12 quarts. and in the future everytime you get an oil change just have them do a single drain and fill (depends how long you plan to keep the car and if you drive it hard tho...if not for a long time then dont waste your money)

·
Registered
422 Posts
i believe honda recommended method is drain-fill 3x.

i had mine done at 55k (i drive in a lot of stop/go traffic) and the dealership did drain-fill 3x per honda's recommendations iirc...

·
Registered
201 Posts
i was wondering what the dealer (Acura of Riverside) means when they say that i need to do a transmission flush ($230)?

The advisor said they use 15 quarts of ATF total to do the flush, but did not specify whether it was the drain-and-fill method (x5) or some sort of machine that exchanges the fluid.

so can someone please tell me how they do it because i don't want them to flush using a machine that'll ruin my tranny.
we should meet up and do it ourselves lol, I also need to get this done on mine asap

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
I actually did already on yesterday...
i borrowed my homies jackstands and did a 4x3 exchange.
You drove it around after each exchange right ?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Dealers will never do a flush, they do a drain and refill which is the best way to change transmission fluid. Now they only drain and fill once so it's probably better to do it yourself so you can do it twice to fully get rid of the old fluid.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 11 of 11 Posts