Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. I'm new to this forum. I have a 05 TSX and I have a couple mods done to it. I have I/e/h carbo fiber front lip 18in rims and truhart airbags with the s3 system. My problem is when I'm driving on the highway at about 40 to 80 mph I get Real nasty speed wobble. It's like nothing I felt before where the car feels like it's twisting from side to side. I Know everyone is is gonna say it's the airbag system but I have talked to other people with none stock tsx's that day they felt that same feeling in their cars. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Thank you for taking the time to read this.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Could be a variety of things. Wheel balance, alignment, etc. Did you buy the car with bags or was this a recent install? Did the wobble happen prior to the bags being installed if they were purchased in your ownership?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Like _Sam said, it could be a variety of things. The first things that come to mind are wheel balance, front wheel suspension (i.e wheel bearings, worn components) and possibly your compliance bushings. This is assuming that the wobble is coming from the most common area- the front. You didn't specify where it was coming from.

·
Registered
102 Posts
As others have posted, worn suspension parts are the most likely cause. On a 16 year old car all the rubber parts are suspect as are all four ball joints. A thorough inspection is necessary.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just a hunch, but I'm guessing the bags are contributing to accelerated wear on your suspension components.

·
Registered
TSX Base/2004/Black 6 Speed Manual
8 Posts
Get the mechanic to check the wheel balance first. If it is off, they can usually add wheel weights to solve this.
Also, check if any hubcentric rings are broken or missing.

If the wheel balance is okay, and hubcentric rings are all there, have them check the front suspension components for any play or broken parts. Replace worn or broken parts.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Just a hunch, but I'm guessing the bags are contributing to accelerated wear on your suspension components.
I second this. Especially in the rear. The bushings, rear upper ball joint, etc are designed to deal with movements of the suspension over bumps. Constantly raising and lowering the suspension to its limits can tear the vulcanized bushings in the arms at the back. Add age/rust to that and it’s guaranteed those are all shot.

when I had a torn rear link bushing, I’d notice it stopping. I’d hit the brakes and the rear would sway to one side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts