Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Made in Indonesia
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up TC?
Debating whether to go with Tein Comfort Sports coils OR BuddyClub N+ ?? I've read good reviews for both, but is the price for CSTs really worth it? I don't track, so I use my car for DD all the time. So comfort/better handling is what I'm looking for. Also want to keep my OEM wheels/tires. Thanks for the help!

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
for my daily driving im on tein basics... goodluck

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Definitely Tein CST for comfort! BuddyClub N+ is going to ride harsh, that setup is better for the track. The CST's are your best bet for DD comfort. Heeltoe himself said they ride better than stock.

The pricetag is outrageous, but I'm in the market for a set too. I'm taking my time and saving my money slowly. Going to install it once and install it right. CST+EDFC setup is what I have planned.

Though I've heard that the Platinum VIP Cup kit rides even better (but that's because it's air)

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
Reactions: theaznboywunder

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
If you want good comfort, then dont go coilovers. Go with an eibach springs and bilstein shock setup or something. If you can sacrifice a bit of comfort, which isnt that great to be honest, then go coilovers.

Ive had the Tein SS (F8R4) and now the Tein Flex (F14R8), and no-one has mentioned that it isnt comfortable. When I had the flex at a softer dampener setting, it was actually quite close to the comfort of the SS - which was quite close to stock. My car is a daily and believe me, im not the hardcore enthusiast who is just after a stiff as anything go-cart sort of ride.

The buddyclub N+ has F11R4 spring rates if i recall correctly. Jteen has posted a really good review by Heeltoeauto which i found to be quite accurate when i compared his impression between the SS and Flex. If i were you, which im not :p, then i would go with the N+.

Best thing to do, is to try contact someone who is local and willing to take you for a ride in their car. I was really hesitant with going with the Flex, but now that ive had it for 2 months, I absolutely love it! The handling improvement is quite noticeable, whilst still retaining about 85-90% comfort of the SS.

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
^from what i have read you cannot control the dampening(softness or stiffness) and they are limited in adjustability in height. These are my opinions: If I were in your shoes, and I basically was a few months ago, the best bang for your buck would either be FF type 2 or BCN+. But if you do not care that much about going low especially in the rear or your on a budget probably the basics or tein ss is right for you. If you have the money go for CST but if I had the money I would go for the tein mono-flex.

·
500K Poster! - Premium Club Member
701 Posts
In my opinion, you can dump your car on N+ and it's not harsh at all. I've used mine for 100k+ now, and they are still super comfy but handle great!

·
Made in Indonesia
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all your inputs! Considering the price range and quality, I'm leaning towards BCN+ coils, will order over the weekend and pics will be up as soon as they are installed. Anybody know where to get best price on these??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts