Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey anyone ever noticed the flaps in front of the wheels. The ones in the front are large. There's a little one in the rear. What are they for? Have any function at all.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Are you talking about the mud flaps? If so, well they're designed to prevent excessive water spray and more importantly rocks, debris, chips from flying off your wheels and damaging your car and the car behind you.

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
CL9 nyte ryder said:
Hey anyone ever noticed the flaps in front of the wheels. The ones in the front are large. There's a little one in the rear. What are they for? Have any function at all.

I think he's referring to these:

maybe its part of the aerodynamics of the car?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Oh yes, those are there for aerodynamic stability particularly at high speeds. The CL9 must've got it's inspiration from Honda AP1/AP2 S2000 and NA2 NSX. Because these are the other models that have this wind deflector in place from Honda that I've seen

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
i was reading some of the tsx pre-release, press-release info on the areodynamic, and they say those are there to deflect air away from the moving tire and wheel well, wich cuses somthing blah blah.. idnot rember i'll have to dig it up...

but they say "it was developed from their experience and knowledge from F1 areodynamics technology"

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Noel said:
Oh yes, those are there for aerodynamic stability particularly at high speeds. The CL9 must've got it's inspiration from Honda AP1/AP2 S2000 and NA2 NSX. Because these are the other models that have this wind deflector in place from Honda that I've seen
so ... do we lost it's feature by adding the lip kit ?

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
Andynolife said:
so ... do we lost it's feature by adding the lip kit ?

good point. I would think the lip kit aids to the deflector's purpose, whatever it may be.

·
助手席乗員
2,128 Posts
i think not...actually i hope not...haha

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
i thinkl they work in conjunction since they were windtunnel tested with the EuroR kit

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
EuroR kit rocks :D

·
助手席乗員
2,128 Posts
good dat both Euro-R and Mugen kits have been wind tunnel tested... :laugh:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Euro-R I didn't know was wind tunnel, Makes Sence the Mugen kit... My moneys against the Acura Kit... :laugh:...Think In a Thread on the other forums Acura Said: No, it prob creates more drag.... looks hot though...

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
actually the Real Time Racing TSX was Wind Tunnel tested with the oem mondulo kit and they added a few modifications and modified the placement a bit from what i've read..

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
No, you don't lose this feature by adding any front spoilers or lips. Some aggressive designed front spoilers, not applicable to the CL7/9 but more of NA1/2, AP1/2 ... It conjuctions to work even more efficiently in aerodynamics reducing drag and increasing stability at high speed, cornering or lateral movements.

The piece of the AP1/2 is about double the size of the CL7/9, much bigger and more aerodynamically developed from factory.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts