Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
345 Posts
What are you working on with all that stuff?

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
arrgh that suxors, sorry
this what your interior looks right. yeah i think black armrest will look rather out of place

dang that's a freakin rip-off for that price and that is pleather NOT cow leather.
are you sure $238.XX just for the that flip-top ? :eek:

I am sure if you take that to an upholstery place and get it redone in real leather or even suede it will cost less than that.

good luck

what you do at Honda dealer ?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Yeah, Id probibly go w/ Rob's Idea, and take it to an upholstery place and see what they can do, 250$ is just friggin rediculious...

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
How about a used console top from a recycler? There can't be a huge demand for these parts.

(BTW, I looked at the TSX exploded parts diagram and the console cover is pictured separately but not listed separately. Error? I imagine the number of people who smear epoxy on their TSX console tops and therefore need to replace the top must be fairly small.)

Another thought ... don't you have an itinerant vinyl/leather repair guy who touches up the plastic and leather trim on the used cars? I've been rescued from the doghouse when I cleaned up some junk on my wife's Oddy dashboard with Goof-Off, which took the paint right off the dash top (Honda paints it's trim pieces! Cheap bastards!) Anyway, the guy used an airbrush and the touch-up is still invisible after 3-4 years.

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
johnej said:
Paints it's trim pieces????
Well not all but the dash top of my wife's Oddy is actually black plastic which is painted green. (And Goof-Off will very definitely remove the green paint!) The main dash piece of my TSX is white plastic painted "parchment" (You really don't want to know how I know this, but again the vinyl repair guy came to the rescue!) The end pieces of the dash are through-and-through parchment plastic though. It seems Honda does it mainly with the large pieces. I can see this is cheaper than running a bunch of different molds for different interior colors, but geesh it's chintzey as hell!

(Honda's not the only one to do this because I know for sure that sunscreen can take the paint off the interior door panel of a "seafoam green" Budget-Rent-A-Car Ford Taurus in Colorado. Underneath it's black plastic.)

·
whatever
4,377 Posts

#10 ARMREST ASSY., CONSOLE (LEATHER) is $184

Dealer Link: Sunnyside Acura

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
bob shiftright said:
Well not all but the dash top of my wife's Oddy is actually black plastic which is painted green. (And Goof-Off will very definitely remove the green paint!) The main dash piece of my TSX is white plastic painted "parchment" (You really don't want to know how I know this, but again the vinyl repair guy came to the rescue!) The end pieces of the dash are through-and-through parchment plastic though. It seems Honda does it mainly with the large pieces. I can see this is cheaper than running a bunch of different molds for different interior colors, but geesh it's chintzey as hell!

(Honda's not the only one to do this because I know for sure that sunscreen can take the paint off the interior door panel of a "seafoam green" Budget-Rent-A-Car Ford Taurus in Colorado. Underneath it's black plastic.)
I have a feeling that all the car companies are doing the very same thing...

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
>>honda has definately cheapened in the past few years,

werd. The interior platic...yuck cheapo. you drag your foot across the surface...ka-boom ! scratch ! :mad:

so TSX is not gonna be daily driver huh ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts