Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I backed into a pole :( does anyone know how I can get this out? Its very hard metal because its on the crease of the trunk any suggestions?

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
Take it to paintless dent repair and see if it's not too bad that they can fix it other then that you're going to have to go to a body shop.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wanted to do it by myself but ill look in to that thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there is a pic

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
there looks to be a crack in the paint. A hairline crack. No paintless dent removal will fix that. At best (and this with a long shot), the dent could be uncreased. But in more than likely cases, the paint will chip.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
see if you can get your hand inside the trunk to see if you can use a flat object and push it back up?
i tried the metal is too hard it wont budge

·
Registered
45 Posts
i had something similar on my civic, not quite as bad tho. I was about to do it from the inside out using a ratchet wrapped in a towel. It didnt come out perfect but it looked better. If you want it perfect I would say take it to a body shop because in that location youre not really going to be able to just pop it out

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i tried using a suction cup the metal is just too hard so i took it to a body shop and they said they would have to use bondo on it and re-paint it for $350. honestly i think the best way to tackle this is to just get a new trunk lid. hopefully i can find someone that is parting out a pwp tsx in my area.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
im in ft. lauderdale if you want i can take a look and give you a quote on it. check out my build thread, i recently repainted my TSX and that way you can have an idea of the quality work that i do.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.