Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some search and couldn't find anything on it. I know that the cut off for the depo is horrible so here is a newbie question, can that be fix with installing aftermarket hid? Or can this even be done? *Flame suit on* But I just needed to know about this so please positive feedback.

And this is my daily so no I'm not gonna spend close to 1k for the real one lol. But if these depo projector won't work with hid then I'd rather stick with the stocks for now, safey first and these stock headlights are pretty bright already.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Did some search and couldn't find anything on it. I know that the cut off for the depo is horrible so here is a newbie question, can that be fix with installing aftermarket hid? Or can this even be done? *Flame suit on* But I just needed to know about this so please positive feedback.

And this is my daily so no I'm not gonna spend close to 1k for the real one lol. But if these depo projector won't work with hid then I'd rather stick with the stocks for now, safey first and these stock headlights are pretty bright already.
Your stocks are HID. And the HID has nothing to do with the cutoff. Its all ine the projector lens. You can bake it open and swap lenses. The projector is that crystal ball looking thing in your headlight just in case you didn't know. And if you were to buy the depo. All you woukd have to do is insert your old bulb into the new lights and remove the ballast from your old headlights to your new ones. And here they're not THAT BAD. Hopefully I helped

·
四世
1,767 Posts
You just transfer the HID ballast from your OEM headlights to your Depos. Not much fuss. For the Fishcake headlights, I remember Tracy aka Mr_Chunkz telling me that in order to use the OEM projectors in the Depos, you need to go to a metal shop and fabricate a mount for the projectors since they're different in the Depos versus the OEM headlights.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your stocks are HID. And the HID has nothing to do with the cutoff. Its all ine the projector lens. You can bake it open and swap lenses. The projector is that crystal ball looking thing in your headlight just in case you didn't know. And if you were to buy the depo. All you woukd have to do is insert your old bulb into the new lights and remove the ballast from your old headlights to your new ones. And here they're not THAT BAD. Hopefully I helped
Thats what I figured after making this thread. So since its the projector from the depo that is not good, just how bad of a cut off is it? The ones I'm talking about is the new depo with the clear sides or the blue sides it also says its German made projector.

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
Thats what I figured after making this thread. So since its the projector from the depo that is not good, just how bad of a cut off is it? The ones I'm talking about is the new depo with the clear sides or the blue sides it also says its German made projector.
Just because its German made doesn't mean its good.. thats how they get you. They can say that the headlights were made in japan and it can be the cheapest quality, yet people still buy it because its made in Japan. I had depo headlights and the cut off isn't as good as the real deal, but if you're not the type thats really picky when it comes to light output then it shouldn't be a problem.

Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.