Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TSX Navigation swap:

I’ve looked all over the internet for any and all how-to’s on swapping in a navi into a non-navi. I found lots of after pictures, as well as bits and pieces. I figured I would put together a write up on how I did it on my 08, and I tried to be as detailed and as neat as possible.

Hopefully you have a complete internal navi harness for this swap. I personally do not feel like ripping out the entire interior to add a dvd drive in the back. I took the tape off the harness carefully. This will take HOURS. Then I followed the wires from front to back, and seeing which go where, etc.

I first started out by comparing what plugs were in the radio area of my non navi car. They all have the same wires except a plug is missing two wires in it and another plug is missing all together (the obvious black plug for navi) We need to add two wires into the blue radio harness that is in the car already. I took them out of the old navi harness using a thick needle, or you could try a tack or thin finish nail. The two missing wires are A13 – white – RL L+ and A12 – blue/red- RG GND. Slide those into your non navi harness. These two wires go all the way back to the dvd unit. The other thing we need to add is the black navi plug. The majority of these run back to the dvd unit.

Connections at the major areas of the harness:
Back half of harness- The wires that need to be connected are as follows: From the back half of the harness, We have the twisted red(Can L)(A18) and white (Can H)(A9). They can be connected behind the gauge cluster or at the ecu. There is a black wire, pin C4, that is Ground. A5 is red/black (ill+) and goes to interior lights system. Green, pin C5, is Back LT.

Middle area of the harness- There is an ignition wire, and 8 wires to plug into your HFL unit. The VSS wire runs out of this junction, and it a skinny light blue wire. Only place to connect VSS is at the ecu. There is a gray that runs from the DVD unit, pin B10, that is supposed to go to the cable reel for voice activation.

Front half of the harness-From the black navi connector that plugs into the screen: There is a Black, red, and yellow. Ground, constant 12V, and Ignition 12V. Also you need to connect/transfer over the two pins from the navi harness (the white and blue/red)

Summary of wires that need to be connected:
You need to add in the white and blue/red into existing harness up front
Front side of harness needs ground, 12v constant, and 12v ignition
Back side of harness needs to connect a gray wire to the cable reel
Can H/Can L - twisted red and white wires need to be connected to either cluster or ecu
Grounds
Wires (8) connected to your current HFL module behind passenger kick panel
Back part of harness to interior lights system to dim screen
Back part of harness to back lt
VSS Wire (light blue skinny wire in front part of harness, blue wire in back half of harness)
There are three skinny wires – gray, red, green that come off of harness. They are in a jacket. They go into a junction then run to the single white plug that’s under the screen. For me it is easiest to just cut it at the junction and splice them into the ones under the screen.

Many of the pictures have an explanation in them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Installing harness into car:

Adding the activation wire on a non-navi clockspring

I didn’t cut the pin just in case I was doing the wrong wire and had to reverse what I did. Turns out I seemed to do the right pin. Voice activation works, and illumination still works.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also wanted to thank the members and TSXclub community that helped me out with bits and pieces of my swap, as well as Desebticon, who gave me the motivation to actually do this swap. I ordered a longer gps antenna and rear view camera....hopefully they turn out well too.

·
Registered
422 Posts
props to u. i don't like doing electronics so i'd pay someone like you to do the swap for me!

i would love to convert my dash to navi as well...

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Good work man. Write up and pics! Top notch. Wish I had this when I was dong my own.
+Rep when I get to a computer!

This is an awesome DIY for the NAVI harness I have for sale :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Very good writeup, great pictures.

·
My car whines
637 Posts
kudos to you for taking the time to do such a detailed write-up! There's nothing like OEM fitment and functionality

·
Registered
17 Posts
Appreciate you taking the time to do this man. Very well done and it's going to be a great tool for those who are looking to install a nav. Thank you.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
What combo year TSX & navi kit did you run this on?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What combo year TSX & navi kit did you run this on?
I purchased it off a forum member, he got it from vinvestors and said it was a navi out of a 06 (might be 07 though since the cd player said november 06) and my car is an 08. Pretty sure this how to should apply to all 06-08 since they already have HFL

·
Registered
831 Posts
I also wanted to thank the members and TSXclub community that helped me out with bits and pieces of my swap, as well as Desebticon, who gave me the motivation to actually do this swap. I ordered a longer gps antenna and rear view camera....hopefully they turn out well too.
Hey Bro you don't have to thank me for anything !!! You did all this hard work , I am glad to have been able to help you out if I indeed did help with anything but you deserve all the credit here bro !!! I'm super stoked to know someone with as much electrical knowledge as you because even if I had the 2nd half of my harness it would have probably take me months to figure this out lol !!!! I just picked up the missing pieces for my swap from VinVestors so I will be working on this over the winter little by little and hopefully finish it by spring. Next project is to find a 4 wire resistive touch panels that will fit in our navi units that have a cracked screen :) the closest I got was 193mm by 115mm and I believe the OEM glass touch panel is 190mm by 115mm the 3 extra mm might cause the glass to crack but that's a project for later this year that we can collab on ;) +Rep for you bro and thanks from all of us !!!!!

Seb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts