Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i walk into the Acura dealership yesterday afternoon and there it is,a silver TSX with Navi.The front of the car caught my eye.In person the Headlights look agessive and good.The side blinkers make the front end look really good and add a extra touch.So i walked around the back,and thats when my eyes opened up.The overall shape of the back looked great.The exhaust tips were big and agressive looking while the tailights looked real good.So im sitting there admiring the looks and a sales guy approaches me and says "Nice looking car huh" he then begins telling me about the navi features and a whole lot of stuff i already knew.Out of nowhere he says "you want to testdrive her",so im like ya sure,trying not to look as excited as i really felt.So i walk to the back parking lot and there i see a black tsx with navi being pulled out.....ohhhhhh mannnn this car looked good.Of course he puts the HIDs on and blinkers so i can see the cars true beauty.SO he gets out of the front and i sit in the car (ill get to the interior in a second).I'm sitting in the car and out of nowhere he presses a little button on my steering wheel and says "Radio on"....the radio turns on and i was in shock. Then he says "Radio,97.1" and the station changed.So im like wow thats amazing but then he says 1 last command"Temperature,69 degrees" the ac goes on and the car lowers the temperature to 69 degrees.From that moment on i fell in love with the car and didnt even drive it yet.The Inside is amazing...from the design of the indigo guages that light up so bright...to the way the seats hug your body,its all good.This car is not made for very tall people.I'm 5'10 and i sat perfect in it.So i i put the car in drive and step nice and easy on the gas.The first thing i notice is how extremely TIGHT the steering wheel is.If you point it a little to the left or right,it goes a little.If you point it a lot it goes quick and hard.This felt good because like the seats it gave the car a sporty feel.So im at a light and i look over at the saleguy and ask him if i can step on it.He says sure then tells me how he hit 100 easily in the same car 45 min b4 i got there.I put the car in sport shift and open my window,the light turns green and i floor it.The car sounds really good at WOT.The engine has the high revving sound,but it resembles a V6 more than a whiny 4 cylender.You can acutually hear the exhaust note good.So i redline it into 2nd and i have to admit this car shifted with no delays.Most cars have a time lapse between when u upshift and when the car finally shifts ,but as soon as i pressed up,the car shifted with no throwback feeling or anything.I keep the WOT through 2nd all the way to 3rd then i let it go.The cars acceleration doesnt feel like a sports car ,but it gets up and moves for a 4 cylender.Like all 4 bangers the car screams and wants to fly,but takes time to get there.I cant wait to hear the sound from the car with a CAI and a catback exhaust.The guy tells me to make a right and i notice we were on a back street now.Not only was it a back street,but it was filled with twisties.I asked him if i could see why they praised the cars handling so much and he said "go ahead so we can laugh at bmw togeather"....i laughed an floored it in 2nd....a turn was coming up and a sign that read 15mph was next to it....i eased off the gas and took the turn in 2nd gear at about 5,000rpm.In any other car the back would have slid out and the tires would have given up.In the TSX i swear it felt as if i was taking the turn at 15 mph.The car leaned into the turn without the slightest hesitation and i didnt hear 1 squeel out of the tires,so i floor the gas and the rpms jumped from 4,000 all the way to the 7,000rpm redline,still with no slipping or sliding.From that moment on,i was a believer.I wanted to see the torque curve on the car so i took another turn relitively slow at about 2,500 rpm.I stepped on it and from the 2,500 rpm mark all the way to redline there was a constant rush of power.So i finished up with the car,went back to the dealership.Talked to the salesman.....and my 2004 Milano Red TSX/Navi will be in shortly:D

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
hehe congrads man!! I hope i will feel the same way after my test drive! How much was your total?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The total is $31,430....he worked a few hundred down for me.The only problem is that they dont have a milano red in stock and they arnt expecting one until June.The guy said hes going to call dealerships and try and swap one for me.So tomorrow morning im going into the dealership and im hoping he has good news.

·
Registered
25 Posts
31K+ for a 4cyl car? Give me a break! I don't care what "features" it has, 200hp 4cyl just doesn't cut the mustard (for that price)!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JNGold said:
31K+ for a 4cyl car? Give me a break! I don't care what "features" it has, 200hp 4cyl just doesn't cut the mustard (for that price)!
So a 200 hp 4 cylender is too much compared to a BMW 325I Inline 6 that will run you about $38,000 and is slower.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So a 200 hp 4 cylender is too much compared to a BMW 325I Inline 6 that will run you about $38,000 and is slower.
The Bimmer is a rip off also. Think about what your saying, I paid 31K for my CL-S which is a 260 HP smooth 6cyl. The TSX contains the same feature set as the CL-S.

Sorry, the TSX doesn't belong in the 31+ K range. That's TL territory! Sheesh, for an extra 2K, you could get a fully loaded 260hp Infiniti G35!

I was considering the TSX to replace my CL-S lease this year. Based on features, looks, and power, the closest thing that comes close is the Accord EX coupe. I can get a fully loaded coupe for well under 30K (including all accessories that I need).

The TSX may have the better cornering ability (than the EX coupe), but coming from 260hp in my CL-S and a '94 222hp 3000GT SL, paying 31K+ for a TSX is just not worth the price of admission.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
my friend test drove the tsx yesterday says he orderd the black one. He was also complaining about the price but ones he took his test drive he liked in more then the bimmer.. I will see how it is and find out if its worth it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JNGold said:
The Bimmer is a rip off also. Think about what your saying, I paid 31K for my CL-S which is a 260 HP smooth 6cyl. The TSX contains the same feature set as the CL-S.

Sorry, the TSX doesn't belong in the 31+ K range. That's TL territory! Sheesh, for an extra 2K, you could get a fully loaded 260hp Infiniti G35!

I was considering the TSX to replace my CL-S lease this year. Based on features, looks, and power, the closest thing that comes close is the Accord EX coupe. I can get a fully loaded coupe for well under 30K (including all accessories that I need).

The TSX may have the better cornering ability (than the EX coupe), but coming from 260hp in my CL-S and a '94 222hp 3000GT SL, paying 31K+ for a TSX is just not worth the price of admission.
Well said.I can respect that.I look at it this way.Im young,Acura/Hondas is whats in for us younger car fans and i like the total looks and package of the TSX.The G35 is a great car dont get me wrong,but the styling of the sedan doesnt thrill me.I like a sporty feel in a car and the tsx gave me that feeling.I dont know,I guess its just right for ME.Also,im looking to add mods to the this car.Being that its a Acura,your guarenteed endless amounts of aftermarker parts.

G

·
I don't think you can get a fully loaded G35 for 33K out the door. Fully loaded, maybe around 36K.

Hey, AC TL - was that 31K with taxes or without?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts