Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DETROIT AUTO SHOW: Acura brings a touch of Europe to the U.S.

By Mark Rechtin
Automotive News / January 13, 2003

Slicing the near-luxury segment ever finer, Acura Division will introduce the TSX sedan in April.

Based on the Europe-market Honda Accord platform but with a different engine, retuned double wishbone suspension and a redesigned interior, the front-drive TSX will fit between the RSX and 3.2TL in the Acura lineup. It will be priced between $25,000 and $30,000.

The 3.2TL is based on the larger American-market Accord platform.

Although the horsepower rating of the TSX is the same as the RSX Type-S, Acura gave the TSX a larger engine so the power and torque come on strong earlier. Also, the TSX has a choice of a five-speed automatic or six-speed manual transmission.

Among the luxury touches the TSX will boast are standard sunroof, leather seats, Xenon headlamps, keyless locks, dual-zone climate control, mirror-mounted turn indicators, six-CD changer with a 360-watt stereo and an LED-backed instrument panel.

The interior also comes in two styles. Customers who want ivory leather will get wood inserts, while those who prefer gray or black interiors will get titanium inserts.

Acura sees the Audi A4, BMW 325i and Lexus IS 300 as its nearest competitors. The TSX will be made in Japan.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The TSX will have a standard sunroof, leather seats and Xenon headlamps.

Some More Info :

Slotted between the RSX and 3.2 TL, Acura's new TSX targets Audi's A4, BMW's 325i and Lexus' IS300 in the entry-level luxury-sport sedan market. From an engineering and performance standpoint, the TSX appears well equipped to battle it out with the class leaders. Its 2.4-liter I4 produces 200 hp and 166 lb-ft, transferred to the front wheels via a six-speed manual gearbox. Double-wishbone suspension and drive-by-wire throttle should make the TSX a blast to drive, but the styling leaves us wanting. Looking somewhat like parent company Honda's Accord sedan, the TSX continues Acura's tradition of producing capable, if less than inspiring, vehicles. Pricing hasn't been announced, but expect to pay between $25,000 and $30,000 when the car goes on sale in April.

·
GT40 enthusiast
163 Posts
AutoWeeks Take on the TSX

Here's some stuff that AUTOWEEK SAID ABOUT THE TSX:

Slotted between the RSX and 3.2 TL, Acura's new TSX targets Audi's A4, BMW's 325i and Lexus' IS300 in the entry-level luxury-sport sedan market. From an engineering and performance standpoint, the TSX appears well equipped to battle it out with the class leaders. Its 2.4-liter I4 produces 200 hp and 166 lb-ft, transferred to the front wheels via a six-speed manual gearbox. Double-wishbone suspension and drive-by-wire throttle should make the TSX a blast to drive, but the styling leaves us wanting. Looking somewhat like parent company Honda's Accord sedan, the TSX continues Acura's tradition of producing capable, if less than inspiring, vehicles. Pricing hasn't been announced, but expect to pay between $25,000 and $30,000 when the car goes on sale in April.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts