Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mecry:I've been having the issue of my driverside map light not turing on when the door it open. It's been bothering me for quite some time, but I never really knew what to do. I saw this thread:
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-problems-fixes/51080-oem-domelight-maplight-issue.html
So I went to my car.

I wasn't able to loosen the two screws, even with a powered screwdriver, so I just started prying at the middle section with a flathead screwdriver. Eventually, I got it down to this:

I noticed a little gray box fell. I saw where it fell from and tried to put it back, but it wouldn't go. It fell the area to the right of the last blue button:

I noticed the gold pins were bent after my attempt. I tried using my keys to push them back into place. My right light flashed for a second, then turned off. Now neither of my map lights, door lights, rear dome light, and radio turn on. My garage door opener doesn't work either. Oddly enough, the mic works, but voice commands don't. My guess is that using metal keys might have made two contacts touch each other that weren't supposed to and I short circuited something. Is this fixable or will I have to take it to someone that knows what they're doing? :mecry:

Edit: Oh and thankfully, my car still turns on and the headlights are functional. Navi works too. Just no interior lights or radio.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Might have blown a fuse, pop the fuse cover near the driver side left leg area and check the fuse for the map/dome light. Start there. I blew that once on another car, lots of lights went out lol (even the one in the trunk)

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yessir it was blown!

Thanks so much man, I was freaking out. I meant to add before that found that the HomeLink buttons didn't work before all that happened. They stopped working right after the little gray box fell. Does this mean they will still be nonfunctional after I replace the fuse?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again, din9lebeRry.

Somewhat related.. I mentioned earlier that a little box fell from the unit. It's supposed to look like this:

But it now looks like this:

From what I saw, it looked like the little box connected two of those pins. Does anyone know what two pins it was connecting, or have a diagram of what those pins mean? I'd really appreciate it! (Could save me 200-300 bucks)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts