Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called in to book a service appointment for my car at Lougheed. The Type D service is now at 342 dollars according to the person over the phone. I thought it was like 300 dollars.

·
助手席乗員
2,128 Posts
haha...Lougheed also tell ppl the price include tax...
so i think they didn't jack up the price... :tardsmash

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
do the oil changes and insepctions otuside .. or urself next time .. ~
those service plans r just ripp off .. ~

·
助手席乗員
2,128 Posts
Andynolife said:
do the oil changes and insepctions otuside .. or urself next time .. ~
those service plans r just ripp off .. ~
:nod:

·
助手席乗員
2,128 Posts
-phase- said:
i love your sig micko..i saw so many of those in hk..:drool:
yupyup...i saw many modded too..hee
both exterior and interior r so nice...
too bad they r not one of the model in Canada
if i live in HK now, i must ask my dad to buy one, haha

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
so i brought in my car to lougheed acura today.. the total bill came to 630 dollars dollars

they changed the rear brake pads, flush brake fluids, and did the type d service

btw my car has 37000 km on it and it's 2 years old.. does this seems right? They also told me to do a bunch of other stuff on my car.. if i allowed thme to do it the bill will come close to a grand (ie change pollen filter and flush some other fluids)

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
37000... i wouldn't call it normal. I have 42000km, rear brake still around 30% left. (it will be VERY normal for Cyde tho).

U can visually see how much brake u have approximately. I can show u if we meet. (I have sets of new front pads and rear, so very easy to show u). It is very common in Vancouver that dealers try to BS the customer and change their brakes earlier for $$$.

hmm... next time if u wanna do those craps (e.g. flushing brake fluids), find me, i will hook u up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Servicing..........

HELLO

save a pile of cash and try to do as much servicing yourself as possible!!!

i agree that dealer's do overcharge for some of the services.(their so called "maintenance" time frames are designed to suck as much $$$$ out of you as possible).....most of which IS NOT NEEDED.

brake fluid should only have to be replaced every few years as needed. if you are replacing it sooner,ask yourself or the dealer why?

you should check/replace the pollen filter every two years on average. just changed mine by myself. took 5 minutes. (no experience on my part)....bought a aftermarket one for only $29.00 (cdn)....

cheers

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
hmm .. pollen filter .. ~ maybe i shoudl get one ..
Saz u getting one ?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
maddmax005 said:
brake fluid should only have to be replaced every few years as needed. if you are replacing it sooner,ask yourself or the dealer why?
Agree with most of the things u said, but not the one that I quoted.

i replace engine oil every 5k, tranny fluid 15k, brake/power steering 25k... etc...
the schedule i have is more frequent then the "needed". However, u never know exactly when it is "needed". Doing these stuffs is not that expensive (if not done at dealership). So, a bit overkill is ok imo.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
im goin to the rcmp office later .. ~ so i jsut show them the tix and the tint rite ? and no fund ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts