Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 TSX USA with the k24a2 and it blew up @220k miles. I recently saved up enough money to buy a new engine from JDM Alliance in texas. They informed me that theres a new turn over in japan causing lots of 60k mile cl7 accord (jdm tsx) motors to go on the market and assured me that if i bought one it would be that. The motor came today and i found some very concerning things. Ill attach picures but please read on.

1. The rubber intake tube is a completely different shape (an elbow rather than my tsx's little squiggle) and it seems like they would have used that same peice considering it was on the same chassis

2. The black plasic piece on the valve cover looks off a k20. (Confirmes by the accord pics i found online)

3. The high pressure p/s feed line flange is different.

4. And my k24a2 says "Honda Motor Co" this one just says " HONDA" on the valce cover

The engine is strapped down and im not steong enough to flip it over on my own but the drives side of the head is cast "RBB-2" on one section right next to that "HF" and below that, by the flex plate it says "RAA". I dont know anything about the head, block or intake manifold codes but i was hoping you all could tell me if this is the JDM replacement for the USA tsx engine, oddessy motor, the cl7 2.0 or even some other random motor. I paid $1150 btw

Also i have the free account so i cant post the pictures but if anyone needs them please tell me how to share them with you.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You have just described exactly how mine came last year. Pull the valve cover off and verify the cams have 3 lobes per cylinder, see attached pic.

I believe this particular engine came from the JDM Odyssey. The Intake plenum doesn't have the nipple on the bottom for our vacuum operated front motor mount, the VTEC solenoid doesn't have an oil pressure switch (the hole is plugged with a bolt, just swap your switch in). And the biggest thing.... You noticed the difference in power steering connection, but going further you will notice that the way that PS pump mounts is different from a TSX. Then you'll notice how the alternator bolts up differently too.... So, you will either have to have a custom PS line made to fit it, to use the accessories that came with your engine, OR..... you will have to strip all of the accessories and the water jacket they mount to from the block, and swap over your old water jacket and accessories to make everything plug and play.

You'll be glad you asked... I had my new engine mounted in the car and nearly completely back together before I made this accessory/water jacket discovery, piece by piece. Took me over an hour to realize I was going to have to swap over the jacket and all my old accessories.

Also, I've put about 9k miles on mine so far, and couldn't be happier with the engines performance.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have just described exactly how mine came last year. Pull the valve cover off and verify the cams have 3 lobes per cylinder, see attached pic.

I believe this particular engine came from the JDM Odyssey. The Intake plenum doesn't have the nipple on the bottom for our vacuum operated front motor mount, the VTEC solenoid doesn't have an oil pressure switch (the hole is plugged with a bolt, just swap your switch in). And the biggest thing.... You noticed the difference in power steering connection, but going further you will notice that the way that PS pump mounts is different from a TSX. Then you'll notice how the alternator bolts up differently too.... So, you will either have to have a custom PS line made to fit it, to use the accessories that came with your engine, OR..... you will have to strip all of the accessories and the water jacket they mount to from the block, and swap over your old water jacket and accessories to make everything plug and play.

You'll be glad you asked... I had my new engine mounted in the car and nearly completely back together before I made this accessory/water jacket discovery, piece by piece. Took me over an hour to realize I was going to have to swap over the jacket and all my old accessories.

Also, I've put about 9k miles on mine so far, and couldn't be happier with the engines performance.
Thank you, ill just be sending it back i think. They either made a mistake, or took advantage of my being young and thought they could get one over on me. They owe me a sub 60k euro r motor feom japan or ill owe them a lawsuit 😂

·
Registered
185 Posts
Usually these places only guarantee the long block, so if it's the correct long block I don't know if anything can be done. Chances are you'll also have to pay for return shipping if you send it back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts