Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...some probably don't know all of the features of the TSX...so I've got a question for you all....

Did you read the manual of your TSX?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes I did :nod:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
There's a manual?? :laugh:
Just playing TRU, as I know you started this thread due to my reply in your other thread ;)
Joker - who has thumbed through the manual, but has not read the whole thing.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
larchmont said:
If you mean "cover to cover," no.
But sort of basically, yes.
enough to be dangerous..how bout that? :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Joker said:
There's a manual :laugh:
J/K as I know you started this thead due to my reply in your other thread ;)
Joker - who has thumbed through the manual, but has not read the whole thing.
:nod: :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Men do not need to read manuals. We can decipher things ourselves, nor do we need maps or directions from the gas station clerk :mardi:

I actually read the manuals to everything or at least try to. I just bought a new cell phone (Motorola v600). The manual is about 200 pages, in just English. :jeffy:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
yes

·
Registered
332 Posts
Only because I need to make reference for those asking about CD-R's, premium gas, break-in and oil change intervals.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
I will soon...just got it tonight! ;)

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
User's Manual: Yes
Navigation Manual: Nope

(It's actually more fun blurting out things and see if it's one of the pre-programmed commands).

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Whatchamacallit said:
User's Manual: Yes
Navigation Manual: Nope

(It's actually more fun blurting out things and see if it's one of the pre-programmed commands).
Yes -- and after I used to blurt out a command, I usually wound up screaming, "WHY NOT???????" :mad:

So I mostly just stopped using the voice commands. :donno:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I want to read the manual. However, everytime I get in the car and try to get the manual to read. I end up driving the car. :)

So, no. I haven't read much yet.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Diesel said:
I want to read the manual. However, everytime I get in the car and try to get the manual to read. I end up driving the car. :)

So, no. I haven't read much yet.
Great point -- funny, but also true.

The trick is to keep the manual at home, not in the car. That's what I've been doing.

Of course that means you never have it in the car when you really need it. :ikno:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
I'm glad TRU brought this one up, why haven't automakers moved into the 21st Century and offered the owners manual via electronic media?

First, vehicle display screens (both Navi and non-Navi models) could easily accomodate viewable readers. Almost every new car coming out will be going to this type of interface. And with embedded microcontrollers or flash memory vasts amounts of data could be easily stored with minimal space and expense.

Second, at the very least a dvd could be included for home and/or laptop use. Just like software companies, car companies could save thousands on print costs and offer downloadable updates to keep info current. Owners could choose to print the specific sections or the entire manual.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hip said:
I'm glad TRU brought this one up, why haven't automakers moved into the 21st Century and offered the owners manual via electronic media?

First, vehicle display screens (both Navi and non-Navi models) could easily accomodate viewable readers. Almost every new car coming out will be going to this type of interface. And with embedded microcontrollers or flash memory vasts amounts of data could be easily stored with minimal space and expense.

Second, at the very least a dvd could be included for home and/or laptop use. Just like software companies, car companies could save thousands on print costs and offer downloadable updates to keep info current. Owners could choose to print the specific sections or the entire manual.
Hmmm..they could've made it so the manual is built into the navi system.. That way , if you have the navi, you can access the manual without pulling the book out.. That is if your still has power to runt he navi if you have problems...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
Hmmm..they could've made it so the manual is built into the navi system.. That way , if you have the navi, you can access the manual without pulling the book out.. That is if your still has power to runt he navi if you have problems...
Great observation Henry. Easy fix, small lithium ion battery (same as on PC motherboards) could power the dedicated screen viewer in the event of car battery failure.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts